Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says something...

Yes...I am playing with the color scheme on the forum. I'll be done in a few minutes. I promise not to blind anyone with anything too bright.

(I know some of you never see the light of day, and have your blinds closed etc...heh heh)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Brother -- gag central. :(
-Chris ...big critic ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks better now -- thanks man.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Looks good to me.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It takes a while to get it 'just right' and phpBB2 doesn't allow me to preview stuff before you guys see it, so basically you see stuff change as it happens...and sometimes the color combos SUCK badly...

...until I find something that looks good.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
for what it's worth, i liked the previous logo at the top better... the teal gradient doesn't do the supra justice. however, the pictures on each side are sweet.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not teal. Refresh your browser.

It "was" teal this morning however....it's blue now. If you don't like the blue (besides going back to black on white) what do you suggest?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
honestly i'm not sure. What it comes down to is that i absolutely LOVE that mkII outline with 'celicasupra.com' underneath it. Perhaps making it a touch darker so it stands out more... i'm not sure. Who did that outline anyways? It's awesome. The pictures you chose for each side are perfect.

do you work in photoshop or psp?

one suggestion... what about moving the text 'the int'l forum for...' to below where it says celicasupra.com, and move the logo up higher on the gradient? the white text right in the middle throws you off a bit.

//edit: i refreshed... the blue is much better.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SliP said:
honestly i'm not sure. What it comes down to is that i absolutely LOVE that mkII outline with 'celicasupra.com' underneath it. Perhaps making it a touch darker so it stands out more... i'm not sure. Who did that outline anyways? It's awesome. The pictures you chose for each side are perfect.

do you work in photoshop or psp?

one suggestion... what about moving the text 'the int'l forum for...' to below where it says celicasupra.com, and move the logo up higher on the gradient? the white text right in the middle throws you off a bit.

//edit: i refreshed... the blue is much better.
I thought about moving the text down below the CelicaSupra.com lettering...I may still do that. The logo itself was subdued for a reason...I liked the effect and toned it down. Didn't think it needed to be dark...it wasn't the effect I was looking for.

The CS.com logo was originally designed by Dan Mac. I do all my work in Photoshop 7 and Illustrator.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There, it's white on black. Gradient colors are gone. I'm done F-ing with it...so if someone else comes along and doesn't like it....

...well, you have an idea what I was going to say probably.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
There, it's white on black. Gradient colors are gone. I'm done F-ing with it...so if someone else comes along and doesn't like it....

...well, you have an idea what I was going to say probably.
the forumgoer is always right (hehe, kidding)

·
Registered
279 Posts
looks great, man. one thing though, above the first post in each thread and above the first thread in each forum, there's a grey bar; the gradient is sorta screwy in that grey bar, not sure if that makes any sense or not :roll:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Everything is now gorgeous. :)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i like the top logo, very slick, even tho its just basic black and white.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
quick said:
Everything is now gorgeous. :)
Thank you sir. I'm glad you approve. Felt like I owed you a little bit of effort considering the recent events etc, ya know?

MKII boy said:
looks great, man. one thing though, above the first post in each thread and above the first thread in each forum, there's a grey bar; the gradient is sorta screwy in that grey bar, not sure if that makes any sense or not :roll:
That bar is done that way on purpose. It's supposed to look just the way you see it...it's not a gradient.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Those are Awsome colors you chose :D

Now if only people would stop bitching about it :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,435 Posts
Step, I like it but this is from the guy with a PE degree and who has a Chromium Yellow Fire Engine. And who's wife has the art degree.

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
535 Posts
Really like the upgrade, Its nice to come back and find a fresh look.
Ialso l think the new logo(with the two gen supras) looks awsome
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts