Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
I'm frankly sick and tired of the old fall back of "mac users are just a bunch of elitist assholes". If you seriously can't come up with anything better just STFU....
...and I''m sick and tired of talking to most MAC users about computers when most don't even know the difference between a bit or byte, etc., etc...:duh:

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
...and I''m sick and tired of talking to most MAC users about computers when most don't even know the difference between a bit or byte, etc., etc...:duh:
I'm just amazed that people care that much about what computer some one else prefers, or what their true 'skill' level is.

Wow, is that XP? AND OSX? ( Its cool to drag/drop something from XP into OSX too ;))

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If your saying that most PC users do you've got yo be living in a bubble.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
If your saying that most PC users do you've got yo be living in a bubble.
No, I just find less (very few) MAC users with real computer knowledge.

Mike, my whole argument with all this is anyone make me a believer. Convert me. I use my computers a lot at work, school and at home. More than anything else.

Here's the challenge. MAC users show me something I do on a MAC that will knock my socks off and I will buy one the next day straight up cash.

No kidding, there's a reason I always take a peek in the Apple store. I'm waiting for the day I can justify buying a MAC.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
No, I just find less (very few) MAC users with real computer knowledge.
MAC users are 5% of the computing population.

Here's the challenge. MAC users show me something I do on a MAC that will knock my socks off and I will buy one the next day straight up cash.
Desktop replacement laptop with backlit keyboard that runs Windows and OSX natively while boasting 7 hour battery life in a billet aluminum package sporting these dimensions:
H:0.95 inch (2.41 cm) W: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm) D: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm) W: 5.5 pounds (2.49 kg)

Buy me an iTunes gift card while you are there ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
MAC users are 5% of the computing population.

Desktop replacement laptop with backlit keyboard that runs Windows and OSX natively while boasting 7 hour battery life in a billet aluminum package sporting these dimensions:
H:0.95 inch (2.41 cm) W: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm) D: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm) W: 5.5 pounds (2.49 kg)

Buy me an iTunes gift card while you are there ;)
Holy $#IT. I just went to the Apple Canada site to honestly just check out their new models and compare them to new PC models, and I am in shock.

Here we go:
Mine is 17 inch display, Macbook is 17 inch. Mine is has two lights so the screen is super bright, Macbook is not.
Both are Core 2 Duo.
Macbook has 4GB RAM, my HP has 3GB.
Both are 500GB hard drives.
Mine has BluRay drive, Macbook does not.
Macbook has backlit keyboard, but mine has touch buttons up top for MP and Quickplay, very cool. Also, mine has a full keyboard AND the numpad, Macbook has no numpad.
Macbook has aluminum case, mine is only plastic but has a very cool design which I appreciate.
Macbook has 512MB NVIDIA Graphics, mine has 256 NVIDIA. Granted, that makes a difference.
Heres the one I like the most. Macbook costs $2600, my HP Pavillion costed $1100 almost 2 years ago.
Ownage.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
If this was an actual fact, then everybody would have Macs. Unfortunately, your entire last post was based on a LOT of excellent sounding points with very little to substantiate them. You are sounding a little too much to me like a "smug" mac user. When are you trading in the Supra for a Hybrid? (Sorry! Couldn't help it after the Computer Science remark.)

-John
Wrong. Everyone doesn't have Mac's People are cheap. People "know" PC's and are afraid to try something they aren't familiar with so they go with what they know (frustration, headaches and typical PC b.s.) They also can't justify spending $1000 or more on a Mac when that cute little no name netbook is on sale for $299 at Best Buy. The average consumer would buy the cheaper PC, never putting 2&2 together that they end up paying close to the same as a Mac (or more) when their PC crashes or fails plus with the additional expenses to buy "real" applications they want and need, antivirus programs, repairs, etc.

----->

?!?
I'm with johnb7 here... Of your 6 points, the only one that MAYBE doesn't apply to Macs is point 1 (a lot of people have security software on Macs...). All computers break, most 3rd party programs cost money for both OS types, every computer needs drivers, and all computers depreciate like mad...

Macs are preloaded with most of them (drivers) so no need to even do additional work. Plus what about all of the stuff (cameras, printers, etc) that you need to install that isn't brand new out of the box.

All computers break and depreciate like mad? No, Macs are much more reliable and stable AND have much higher resale value. Of course Macs do need repair at times but no where near comparable to the number of PC's that do. Again...if you want proof....just pick up the Consumer Reports and see for yourself.

x2. Was this thread started from a coffee shop?

"Hey! Look at me! Look at me! I'm better than you cause I have a mac."

Manic, why are you complaining about camera/printer drivers? Every camera/printer i've seen has come with a rediculously easy set-up CD. If my 60 year old dad(the most computer illeterate person on the planet) can do it, you, the savvy mac user, should have no problem.

I'm not supporting or pushing anything here, I just gotta call out some obvious BS.

As for spyware/virus protection, I've used 2 free programs on both of my PCs. Auto scanning is set-up, and I've never had an incident in 3 years.

:D
Never had an incident in 3 years (that you know about :laugh:)

Those "free" programs btw for security IMO are more trouble than their worth. Usually you have to search and find free programs to cover ALL of your security needs if its even offered so you gave all this separate crap running (and slowing down your OS) at the same time....and the "free" ones only give you limited coverage anyway--been there done that--Free programs like AVG only cover antivirus, then you still need anti spyware, protection from worms, trojans, backup, etc etc to cover ALL of your bases (most people are just going to buy the CD from Staples or where ever to get total coverage=more $$$)

***(takes sip of tall caramel macchiato and sets it back down on the Starbucks cofee table..."ahhhh")

cmon now..."better than you cause I have a Mac"? I wouldn't say that....maybe I just appreciate more the "total value" and appreciate the wonderful differences and (IMO) superior design, technology and operation of a damn good machine that makes my life not only (less expensive in the long run) but more efficient and stress free leading to a much more enjoyable computer experience.

Ok, Ok, now I DO sound like a smug Mac son of a bitch little prick. I am transforming into the little asshole in the Mac commercials. Wonder if they're hiring at the Mac store (conveniently located next to Starbucks-YESS!!!)

Guess I should be striving to sound more like the up tight techy "sophisticated" or should we say "complicated" douche in the 3 piece suit with glasses in the Mac commercials?:zzzzz:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Im thinkin the only pricks who have time to report to consumer reporters are mac users sitting at starbucks hoping to meet a chick some day:ugh:

mkiimaniac......your starting to sound like a douche bag.

This is a pretty funny thread though.

Hi, I'm Garrette.....I just dropped thousands on a laptop.

I won't have the funny apple sign on my laptop :(

I probably won't sit at starbucks :(

I purchased a PC :(

Maybe I should have financed a MacBook so I could be cool too :(

Bet ya my PC hauls ass :(

Microsoft for the Fail :(

Can't wait to play games on this bitch :(

I won't pay for security software......Too Cheap :(

Should have gone to BestBuy :(

Alcohol is bad :(

:thumbsup:

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Heres some ownage...

AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8Ghz Quad-Core
Asus M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI Socket AM2+
Corsair 2GB ddr2 1066mhz
BFG maxcore 55 GTX 260 .... I can have up to three sli video cards

yes I'm still running Xp, will be updating to 7 here soon and than I'll have 8GB of menory

Sorry I just made you Mac look slow ... have a nice day :sarcasm:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
i wasnt going to post in this thread but im going to chime in now. ive had the same dell desktop for 9 years now. its run windows xp from day 1. in that time ive updated to sp2 and sp3 as they came out, my computer always stays up to date with microsofts updates. ive never bought any type of anti-virus or trojan, or firewall software yet. i run avast free anti-virus and the windows firewall. my pc has never crashed, ive never lost any documents, and ive never had any problems with this pc in 9 years. i actually reformatted a year ago simply because i wanted to clear out some space on my hard drive from old files and programs that i never use anymore. i backed up all my important files, music, etc, and got myself back some more space. i also upgraded the memory to help it run a little better since it is 9 years old. honestly, this pc runs great, even after all this time. i dont understand all this PC sucks and their guaranteed to fail because i havent had an issue. i think it lies with the user.

i dont hate on MAC's, theyre pretty nifty little machines, i wouldnt mind having one, but i cant justify spending the money on one when i dont have issues with PC's and theyre a fraction of the cost. im probably going to be buying a new laptop soon and it will most likely be a PC.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Im thinkin the only pricks who have time to report to consumer reporters are mac users sitting at starbucks hoping to meet a chick some day:ugh:

mkiimaniac......your starting to sound like a douche bag.

Sorry I just made you Mac look slow ... have a nice day :sarcasm:

Don't get mad at Consumer Reports. I know the truth hurts a little...you'll come around... after you find in that rats nest in your machine the little hampster on a wheel that's "really" running your PC (the rest is just for looks).
Lemme guess... you live and breathe computers and built it/modified/upgraded it yourself and.....

wait for it....

Have a degree in engineering or computers and/or do some sort of work in the IT industry for Microsoft or IBM? cmon, dont lie -we're all friends here:naughty:

Thanks for the douche bag comment... I am honored in my douchebagness to attempt to shine some light into the black hole shell of your PC to show you that (it still BLOWS) :zzzzz:

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Don't get mad at Consumer Reports. I know the truth hurts a little...you'll come around... after you find in that rats nest in your machine the little hampster on a wheel that's "really" running your PC (the rest is just for looks).
Lemme guess... you live and breathe computers and built it/modified/upgraded it yourself and.....

wait for it....

Have a degree in engineering or computers and/or do some sort of work in the IT industry for Microsoft or IBM? cmon, dont lie -we're all friends here:naughty:

Thanks for the douche bag comment... I am honored in my douchebagness to attempt to shine some light into the black hole shell of your PC to show you that (it still BLOWS) :zzzzz:
nope.. I live and breathe supras and cabinets. I dont have a degree in computers (sorry I dont talk geek, but I do read up on what I buy) .. yeap I did built it, modified and upgraded and I only put $700-$800 into this pc .. over a year and halfs time. The only rats nest is my bedroom. :hahano:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

wait for it....

Your "Vinegar Solution" is showing through :(

I live and breathe....Not too much time for computers though :(

My hampster has roid rage....Pretty scary :(

Im an uneducated chump from the desert :(

My PC has lights everywhere, No need for light donations :(

My graphics Cards (s) have fans, yes they blow :(

Processor too :(

I did customize my shit :(

I hope I don't get picked on at Starbucks :(

Thank You maniac for setting me straight :(

Douche :mfinger: :salute: