Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Come on guys, until now, this has been a entertaining, and interesting conversation. Keep the name calling out of it, what are you guys, 12?

Let's play nice.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
lol

I thought it was funny.

Always the same iphone vs. windows phone debate at work.

Never an end. All boils down to a preference.

I went on vacation, came back, saw the thread still rollin, couldn't resist:thumbsup:

I would never buy Zune lol.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
yeap I did built it, modified and upgraded and I only put $700-$800 into this pc .. over a year and halfs time.

See, now you could have just come on over to the dark side (we have cookies) and bought a mac almost for that kind of money.

Im an uneducated chump from the desert :(

Thank You maniac for setting me straight :(

Douche :mfinger: :salute:

Well I guess we are at the final conclusion of the debate.

PC guys= uneducated chumps
Mac guys= douche bags

NOW we have ourselves a great debate (finally) :laugh:

Come on guys, until now, this has been a entertaining, and interesting conversation. Keep the name calling out of it, what are you guys, 12?

Let's play nice.

Who's not playing nice? I think we know that we just like what we like and also like to bust each others balls as well. Pretty much like beating a dead horse on both sides... as I learned very early in marriage, you cant argue perception and I know darn well that no one is going to "win over" anyone to their view but it's fun to debate none the less and hear opposing sides.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Wow, I am wasted. This should be in the drunk post thread (oh, wait, its already in the toilet?) but I should have some comedic posts tomorrow. This is good stuff.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Currently enrolled in the #4 engineering school in the nation. Guess I'm just another "chump".
HA! I already graduated from that school. Good riddance, but I don't regret it. AND I don't use a mac :)

·
Miserable
702 Posts
See, now you could have just come on over to the dark side (we have cookies) and bought a mac almost for that kind of money.
QUOTE]

Almost ... more like not at all.. the only mac computer that comes close to my set up is a Mac pro wich I will have to Configure to my pc speed (from mac store).. then that will cost $3000 give and take.. so take 800 from 3000 = $2200 :ugh: wow I can build 2 more pc and get a good size TV.. :eekfacepalm:

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Heres some ownage...

Sorry I just made you Mac look slow ... have a nice day :sarcasm:
wooo, that's almost the same shit i've had for year now.. Haven't you got some header pannels to bend w/ a puller or sharpie up some 7m's on the stand?:laugh:

·
Registered
515 Posts
...and I''m sick and tired of talking to most MAC users about computers when most don't even know the difference between a bit or byte, etc., etc...:duh:
I agree, but it's like that with most computer users, no?
I bet you could ask any Windows / Mac user what WiFi stands for, and you'd be disappointing as well.

Mike, my whole argument with all this is anyone make me a believer. Convert me. I use my computers a lot at work, school and at home. More than anything else.

Here's the challenge. MAC users show me something I do on a MAC that will knock my socks off and I will buy one the next day straight up cash.
You seem to like a challenge. If you ever do pick up a Mac one day (or gain access to one), you can write your own iPhone / iTouch app for free (or $99 if you don't have a MobileMe account).
All the tools are available free of charge on Apple's website. There are tutorials online, or books at Borders that can coach you.
Then, you can sell it on iTunes and make a pretty penny doing something you love.
It's a pretty neat set-up.

Couldn't have said it better my self.
Cute. Anyone can crop quotes to change the meaning.

Holy $#IT. I just went to the Apple Canada site to honestly just check out their new models and compare them to new PC models, and I am in shock.

Here we go:
Mine is 17 inch display, Macbook is 17 inch. Mine is has two lights so the screen is super bright, Macbook is not.
Both are Core 2 Duo.
Macbook has 4GB RAM, my HP has 3GB.
Both are 500GB hard drives.
Mine has BluRay drive, Macbook does not.
Macbook has backlit keyboard, but mine has touch buttons up top for MP and Quickplay, very cool. Also, mine has a full keyboard AND the numpad, Macbook has no numpad.
Macbook has aluminum case, mine is only plastic but has a very cool design which I appreciate.
Macbook has 512MB NVIDIA Graphics, mine has 256 NVIDIA. Granted, that makes a difference.
Heres the one I like the most. Macbook costs $2600, my HP Pavillion costed $1100 almost 2 years ago.
Ownage.
You're a little off.
The MacBook comes in one model. Sells for $999
The most expensive factory spec MacBook Pro is: $2499
Ownage? Idk, that depends on the needs of the customer. You left out a lot of features that the Macbook Pro has over an equally powered competitor.

And the MacBook Pro's screen IS bright! It has an LED back-lit display that is MORE than bright enough for any application.
One thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of a BluRay player though... That's a pretty baller addition.

Im thinkin the only pricks who have time to report to consumer reporters are mac users sitting at starbucks hoping to meet a chick some day:ugh:

mkiimaniac......your starting to sound like a douche bag.
What a low blow. I'd expect more patience from one mature CS member to another. We all share the same love for the Supra, and different preferences for computers... Bottom line is that it's both Windows machines AND Macs that join us together online, so we should at least show some respect for one another.

And btw, I don't drink coffee, I have a giggity girlfriend, and reading Consumer Reports is what drove me to purchase my Mac.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Currently enrolled in the #4 engineering school in the nation. Guess I'm just another "chump".
Yea,

To beat the "chump cut off" you'd have to be in the #3 school or better- sorry.:SM130 (1):

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Miserable
702 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
...Desktop replacement laptop with backlit keyboard that runs Windows and OSX natively while boasting 7 hour battery life in a billet aluminum package sporting these dimensions:
H:0.95 inch (2.41 cm) W: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm) D: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm) W: 5.5 pounds (2.49 kg)

Buy me an iTunes gift card while you are there ;)
Sorry Mike some great features, but not good enough. I'm currently thinking about a new laptop/notebook so I took a peak on the apple.ca website while staying over at the girls place last night in Toronto. Figured I'd pick one up on the way home to Burlington in the morning if I found something I liked. We both agreed they were just too expensive for what they offered.

When I said impress me I meant with what I can use the computer for. As in this pic I posted previously from 2002 or so,

Every channel open and free. That was with XP. Using Linux and adding an expansion card to my PC with two additional serial ports I was running three receivers with one card. Each receiver fully open working independently of each other.

...i dont hate on MAC's, theyre pretty nifty little machines, i wouldnt mind having one, but i cant justify spending the money on one when i dont have issues with PC's and theyre a fraction of the cost. im probably going to be buying a new laptop soon and it will most likely be a PC.
Exactly.

You can steal billions with a MAC. beat that!
He got caught. Only a MAC user would get caught.
PC + DOS or Windows or Linux can hack anything... Is anything really secure?

Awesome. Knowledge is everything.

...You seem to like a challenge. If you ever do pick up a Mac one day (or gain access to one), you can write your own iPhone / iTouch app for free (or $99 if you don't have a MobileMe account).
All the tools are available free of charge on Apple's website. There are tutorials online, or books at Borders that can coach you.
Then, you can sell it on iTunes and make a pretty penny doing something you love.
It's a pretty neat set-up...
I like to play and I have the money to throw around if I really want to and it it is worth it to me

I have pretty great collection of vinyl and CDs, so iTunes doesn't interest me.

·
Miserable
702 Posts
101 - 120 of 128 Posts