Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

midwest meet??? anyone

5K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  supradaddy84 
#1 ·
anyone interested in a midwest meet, when it gets warmer of course
somewhere around chicago or so

#4 ·
Just wait

Just wait guys there will be something going on in chitown. Usually around aug/sept. It's called chi2k10. I missed the one last year, but made the two before that. It's fun, we usually do a meet n greet on Thursday. GLD on Friday. Dynoing on Saturday and a car show on Sunday. But IDK what's going on the year.

#5 ·
CHI2K10

Dates:

July 29th - August 1st, 2010

Thursday, July 29th:

Meet and Greet/Dinner at:

Dave & Busters Restaurant
1155 North Swift Road
Addison, IL 6010

Friday, July 30th

Option 1: 11am-7pm

Autobahn Country Club
3795 South Patterson Road
Joliet, IL 60436
(potentially expensive)

Option 2: 12:00 noon - 6pm

Byron Dragway
7287 North River Road
Byron, IL 61010

Night Event! 8pm-12am Midnight!

Melrose Park Indoor Grand Prix
2100 North 15th Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160

Pricing coming soon!

Sidenote: Let me know who wants to do what (either option 1 or 2, and who wants to go karting at night) and I need a list of people, that way I can approach them with a list for negotiation. PM me, so we don't clutter the thread, Thanks!

Saturday: July 31st

Dyno Day at Sound Performance (Thanks Reid!)

Time 12:00 noon, until whenever (maybe 6-7pm)

For $40 you get two options:

Two standard Dyno Pulls measuring horsepower

1 Dyno Pull measuring horsepower and a 0-60 mph reading or 1/4 mile run for cars 500whp and lower.

9:30-10pm: Night Meet & Cruise (Be prepared for a lot of driving! But it'll be worth it!)

Starting Point:

Buffalo Wild Wings Parking Lot
7020 Carpenter Road
Skokie, IL 60077

(The lot closest to Carpenter Road, next to Bank of America)

11:30pm-12am, Departure:

Route as planned:

I-94 South into Chicago (Express Lane preferred)
Regroup at Dominicks at Roosevelt and Canal. (If we are moved, meet at 18th street exit on Lake Shore Drive South)
Make way to Lake Shore Drive South
Stop at the Museum of Science and Industry (already granted permission ) for photoshoot.

From here I will give out two options for a longer better cruise if people are up to it! Will be perfect for Highway runs because of the time we are already out

Sunday: August 1st

Show and Shine

(Pending Location)
Fizz Autosport
561 South Arthur Ave
Arlington Heights, IL

Time: 11am-4pm
Judging will be between 12:00 noon and 2pm

Classes:

MK1-MK3 Best Interior
MK1-MK3 Best Engine Bay
MK1-MK3 Best Audio System
MK1-MK3 Best Overall Car

MKIV Best Interior
MKIV Best Engine Bay
MKIV Best Audio System
MKIV Best Overall Car

Thread: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577811

#13 ·
I'm down for whatever. I would like to have a little mini-meet / swap meet type of thing at my house soon. Throw some stuff on the grill and toss a few back. I have more parts than I need and I need to do something with them. If anyone is in the same boat, bring your stuff by and let's see what we can do.

#16 ·
LOL!!! I know there are several of us in the same dilemma. Why do I think of myself as Fred Sanford some times? :)

#18 ·
That works for me.

#19 ·
Indy meet

there is a meet in Indy going on May 7th 8th and 9th. together with Winged Warrior drag and autox. it's posted on several other Supra related forums (supraforums, and Supramania prolly). good meet! on the 8th you can drive the autox or run the strip for a lil cash. there will be many supras of all shapes and types. I'm trying to take my MKII and MKIV N/A this yr. drive on down, will be a good time. on the 9th they are having a dyno in indy somewhere, usually a 100 bucks for 3 pulls.

#23 ·
CJ, would be very strange to see you at a Chicago meet, considering I saw you out east last spring. At least someone else on this forum is willing to drive across the country for a meet.

#28 ·
Somewhere near Muncie would probably be a great central location for a midwest meet, also a dragstrip there....

MUNCIE DRAGWAY
MUNCIE, INDIANA

TRACK SIZE: 1/4 MILE ASPHALT DRAGSTRIP

RACE DAYS: WEDNESDAY NIGHTS: TROPHY, GRUDGE, T&T; SATURDAY NIGHTS: IHRA ET BRACKETS

PHONE: 765-789-8470

DIRECTIONS: 5.5 MILES NE OF SR 3 ON SR 67, THEN RIGHT

#29 ·
Well it's been awhile sence I've been on here, busy with work n all. Still upset that I didn't go to last years chi meet. So Curtis and Jon what you been up to?

#30 ·
sorry guys, ive been mia... im up for anything, anywhere, at anytime. just a 2 week head up would be nice... my supra is running strong and want to be driven.

#31 ·
Hey Guys!

June 5th - Mini Meet at my house. I will be cleaning out the garage and selling stuff pretty cheap.

I will start a new thread and add details up until the date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.