1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Well they aren't talking about the non-gts celicas, because its hard to adjust camber on a solid axle. I was under the impression that the rear trailing arms were the same on the IRS celica and supras.

--BillyM
Good find on those bolts though. Everyone needs NEG camber up front!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wonder if anyone realized....that the strut design on our cars will not allow camber change with this bolt. Camber must be adjusted with camber plates, or by an adapter plate on the lower strut mount. The Ingalls camber bolt is designed for struts with mounts that "clamp" to the hub. These struts are used on MR2's, 1986-up Celicas, etc. The rear camber bolts might work, and franlkly I think is a pretty good idea...might have to research that one.....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It is only $40 for a rear pair. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I couldn't find any camber parts listed for the Supra on Ingall's website. They only list caster adjustment cams for the rear.

Here's what I've found...
130-I-81250 Fastcam 12mm Camber adj bolt, nothing on Ingall's website on this part.

13035410 Fastcam 12mm Camber adj bolt, website to this part:
http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/3541.htm

I'm pretty sure we'll need a complete trailing arm to adjust the rear, or maybe some type of adjustable bushing to fit in the rear arms, kinda like these for the BMW E30:
http://machschnell.com/13m_big.jpg
I dunno if it would work, I'm just throwing shit out there. Sooner or later, we'll find somethin' to get the rear in spec with lowered springs...

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Don L was looking into having a simpler solution made for the rear to allow camber adjustment, I belive it revolved around an offset bushing for the arms. Not sure where that went. Maybe this is the same idea?

Ray, camber bolts for the front of our car require slotting of the control arm to work. Then its not a problem. Though I have heard of slotted control arms with these bolts slipping under hard usage. In the new SCC mag, they did this with their project SE-R, they ended up tack welding the camber bolt discs to prevent the slippage.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Jumping in kinda late guys. Check out the camber kit for fronts that Christian suggested. Looks reasonable and I believe others have done this already. I prefer camber plates, but this is an option.
The rears are tough. I made some offset bushings for the outside mounts of rear trailing arms. The center bolt hole was moved approx 1/8" with this design, really not enough to get me excited. The rear camber only improved by about 0.4 degrees. It's something, but not enough I would suggest doing it. Probably slotting that outside rear bracket, after reenforcing it, would be better. Wish there was a good easy solution :(

Don L.

·
Registered
302 Posts
SupraFiend said:
Ray, camber bolts for the front of our car require slotting of the control arm to work. Then its not a problem. Though I have heard of slotted control arms with these bolts slipping under hard usage. In the new SCC mag, they did this with their project SE-R, they ended up tack welding the camber bolt discs to prevent the slippage.
So it's not the same kind of cam style adjuster bolt. This basically is an adjuster plate and some new bolts? That's weak! I could just slot my stock piece and do the same mods for less. I much rather buy a camber plate and know it will stay in spec.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I should correct myself, its slotting of the subframe, not the control arm. But yes you can do it without the bolts. I think the bolts just make it easier to adjust and give you a point of reference.

·
Registered
138 Posts
since were talking about camber bolts on the rear where exactly do they go, ive got some for my focus (yeah, i know not my supra) but i dont know exactly where they go :( its got a multi-link rear seperate spring and shocks?? plus im too lazy to find a decent focus forum :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts