Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was seeing how many miles I have put into my Black Supra (daily driver+comuter)in one year. When i first bought it, it had 162K miles on it and now im up to 191K in like 11 months so far so im guesstimating about 30-35K miles a year. I know some of you have the as garage queens.

How many miles do you guys put in a year?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I bought the car Feb 02, and it had 221K. Right now it has 265K, and will most likely turn 266 before the beginning of next week. Most of them are highway miles, from me driving form here to Pittsburgh or Philly on my off weekends, tho sometimes I do manage to top 1000 miles in a 3 day weekend.

·
Founding Member
6,409 Posts
I just got the 6m-gte car smogged on Saturday and noticed that I had put just over 1,000 miles on it in the past year. The previous year it had just under 5,000 miles but 3,500 of that was round-trip to Vegas via Tucson. The red supra went about 4,000 miles last year but six months of the year was in the body shop. The year before it probably did closer to 10,000 miles. My pickup also does some of the work, probably close to 6,000 miles in an average year but last year it went closer to 10,000 since it was filling in for the redpra half the year. Wonder what the split will be when the bluepra is finished, hmmmmm......MSS has its advantages!

Phil D.

·
Super Moderator
8,366 Posts
~1000-1500 mi/year

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Up until October of last year, the Redpra was averaging approx 12K - 20K miles a year. It has been the daily driver since I bought it, & for the last 5 years, it has been to Vegas & back (2,700 miles). Since Vegas 2K2, I've only done another 7K miles. Will have to see what the new average is, come October, before I leave for Vegas,

The Silver Slug has only racked up another 4K miles in the last 11 months, but in July & all of September & part of October, it was hibernating up @ Shawn Pease's garage, where the miles depended on how often Shawn was driving to/from work. Hard to tell what the yearly mileage is on the Slug, still too early.....

Heh..... The hazards of MSS and having 2 daily drivers... :shock: 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought my 83' in August of 1989 and it had 105K miles on it then. It has 228,xxx on it now, but in the last 5 years or so, it has become a garage queen, and probably gets driven about 2,500 miles a year.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bought mine February 01 with 111k miles on it. Its just now passing 140k, so figure about 15k a year (which, actually, is really bad, considering it is NOT my daily driver, and hasn't been for about 6 months)

·
Registered
109 Posts
i got my car in august of 02 and it had 161k or so now it has 179k on it and im preparing for a 6m swap i get the 6m friday and i cant wait

·
Registered
185 Posts
wow, i guess i'm not too bad to my supra. Last summer i put 8k on in 6 months. My truck (daily driver through the fall/winter/spring) got about 34k in the first year i had it, down to 25k or so now that it shares the job with my truck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts