Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about having a minimum post count do post in the for sale section? It gets old seeing people sign up to just sell their crap on our forum. Some what like supra forums does. It wouldn't have to be much 25? And also a certain amount of time being a member would unlock it too, a year? Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Unnecessary. What you think is crap might not be crap to someone else. Don't like what's offered? ... move on. I had some MK3 parts to offer on supraforums but couldn't ... so they went to scrap. Silly rules prevented a MK3 owner from getting some good parts.

Bob

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Yea, I'm not a fan of that rule at all. If we were hondajdmtite.com it may be a problem.

In our obscure corner of the internets we can benefit from lax listing requirements. I can think of 2 examples when people came to the forum with RARE stuff f/s....both were 1 post wonders and 2 forum regulars got some good stuff.

·
Registered
13,116 Posts
I think a 24hr waiting period for any posting would be slick... It would get rid of the people who post in every forum with Celica in the address with "yo dawgs, I gota header for my 96 celica for sale" and might also limit the spam?

--BillyM

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
My local car forum has an intro forum for n00bs, and you HAVE to be approved to post anywhere else. I like this bc there's noooo spam at all and the retards are weeded out immediately :)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think a 24hr waiting period for any posting would be slick... It would get rid of the people who post in every forum with Celica in the address with "yo dawgs, I gota header for my 96 celica for sale" and might also limit the spam?

--BillyM
That would work too.

My local car forum has an intro forum for n00bs, and you HAVE to be approved to post anywhere else. I like this bc there's noooo spam at all and the retards are weeded out immediately :)
Exactly, but that does make more work for the few mods we have. Having to approve every new member. But the spammers wouldn't be able to get in any where else.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
I think the new vB software will kill most of the spammers...just use your common sense when it comes to buying from the noob sellers.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Having an intro specific moderator (or two) would be helpful in approvals. I remember I had to wait a couple days to approved for toyotacressida forum and a few WEEKS to be approved on toymods.

But yeahh the next upgrade should help out somewhat...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Don't we have enough creeping gov'mint in our lives. People with nothing better to do than looking for problems to solve?

More bureaucracy, gotta luvit! :eekfacepalm:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
I'd have to agree with that MM...I never seem to have ANY issues here with anything besides the server rebooting occasionally...a necessary evil obviously. Spam is kept in check with the current level of moderation, we don't get a lot of the hon-duh idiots, and we have Junk...er...SMPwhateva-his-name-is on troll patrol. We could use a tin foil hat section though. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
i havent been registered a year but i now have 3 supras and if i was interested in selling some parts i would like to have that option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts