white
perfect paint job, everything brakes, etc. new or perfectly maintained
94,000 miles
purchased in California
selling in Connecticut.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
yeah right! A mk2 can still fetch plenty with a rust free, or almost rust free body, perfect paint, low miles and good interior. 3 is too low. I'd say asking 4500 would be fine, just going by the details you've given us.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
that does seem a little high to me too....

will

·
Registered
733 Posts
$3k is too much for an L. The demand is not there. It is even a little high for P-type in that condition. They will get to that price, just not yet.

I have an 84 P-type 100K, perfect original. I don't think I could get $6200 for it.

·
Founding Member
6,425 Posts
I don't think the L has quite the appeal as the P. I've seen a '86 P with 74K miles and loaded with leather etc. go for $5000 recently in Fort Worth. I'd figure $1000 less on a L. Just make em an offer. If they seem insulted, just walk away with your money still in your pocket. Another mk2 will come along.

Phil D.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i got my 85 p-type, perfect body, no rust.. interior and paint are shot to hell, tranny needs a little work, engine had 235,000 miles on it with no problems but an oil leak from the cam housing... $900 :D

but why would i get a car like that, with a shitty interior and such a high milage motor... well, every man needs a long term project to get away from things.. with a perfect body, all i had to worry about was the minor things and the engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts