Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been experiencing a misfire when Idling since I got this car. It only happens about 20% of the time, typically the car starts and idles fine then after driving for a little while and stopping again it rears it's ugly head. any advice?

·
Premium Member
8,431 Posts
Check your spark plug wires to see if fully seated in the distributor cap and on the spark plugs?

Cap and rotor new ish??

Spark plug wires same??

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wires are all properly seated, plug wires are just some Omni sparks from Oreilly. No idea when the last time cap or rotor would have been replaced is.

·
Premium Member
8,431 Posts
How old are the spark plugs??

·
Registered
1982 P-type
44 Posts
Just a thought but what kind of plugs? Years back I used champion I think and wouldn’t run right. I switched out to NGK and never had the problem again.

·
Super Moderator
8,733 Posts
It could be literally anything in the ignition system or an electrical problem as well. Nobody on the internet is doing more than guessing since it requires physical diagnosis. If it happens when its parked I'd pop the hood and pull plug wires to see if you can at least the problem to a cylinder. I had a Honda that had really poorly designed new factory plug wires that were causing the problem. You're trying to conduct electricity from point A to B and anything imperfect in between can screw that up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts