Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometime between last night and when i got home fgorm work today, my socket set, the new ngk plugs just bought, and my wires dissapeared out of my garage. :bad-word: oh well, they left the red line gear oil i just bought.
just had to bitch a bit. now i have to go buy some more wires and plugs, maybe ill get msd wires or something this time...

cam

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did you leave your garage open?

Sorry to hear about this... :(

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
you should do what I do, lock it in the car till your ready to put them on :wink: that way it doesnt get "LOST" :banghead:

<---------------who sometimes leaves garage door open all night *see sig :oops: *

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dunno about the garaghe, i know it was closed last night...
im guessing it was sometime today, because i had a couple friends over, and they left after i was gone to work (no to answer the next question they didnt take it either), and my mom left at some point too....
ah well, more of my loan money frittered away....

cam

·
Founding Member
6,425 Posts
A good friend of mine lost his entire tool set by leaving his garage door open during the day. He was at home when it happened. He figures while he was in his back yard, probably at least two men driving by must've spotted his rollaway tool cabinet and top chest, backed their truck up in the driveway, hoisted it in and drove off. He didn't see or hear anything. I used to have a front entry garage too, but when I moved last year, because of my tools and car stuff, one of my criteria was to find a house with a rear entry garage. My new (old, but new to me) house has a rear entry garage which can't be seen from the street. My shop is also in the back yard, and even tho it can be seen from the street, it is behind a chain-link gate which I keep locked. I also keep the overhead door shut even when I'm working so any crooks scoping the neighborhood won't see whats in there. I even built the shop without any windows just so it'd be harder to break into. When I'm away, I have a motion sensor alarm that'll call my office or my cell if there's trouble. Its a shame we live in a time when you gotta be so darned careful but if you're gonna have a car hobby, realize that nice cars draw attention and there'll always be criminals just waiting to take advantage of all the money you have tied up in it.

Phil D.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Phil's Garage :bling: :hail: :humpleg: :yumyum:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts