Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starter is missing that 2nd little wire connection on the 84 5MGE from harness's plastic loom. Not the O-ring. I look at the original 82 5MGE harness and see that little starter(4to1) wire setup right outside of the intake manifold.(where harness comes out) But not on the 84's harness.:x Any ideas :idea: I have another post for more info on the specific wire colors with more wiring issues. Its in this forum called :idea: [b]harness and starter?s(<sorry about that :cry: )

But heres what it looks like on 82(sub)harness<if thats the name :x
http://photos.yahoo.com/danielbrandongray

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any one know where the solenoid magnetic switch wire (if thats the name) originaly comes from? :?: And how its setup. I've learned not from the main wire harness. But SUB HARNESS :idea: b cuz may b thats why it appears to be on the harness.

I've been goin on the "search" for hours every day, finding a few topics about it. Thinkin may b Fuel Injector (Sub)Harness :idea:

I'm going to take off the intake manifold on the 82s motor and safely see where darn wire is heading. This is just so I can get the starter goin :oops:

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D OK, i finally figured this out. Last night I was searchin forever on the forums and found a few topics that was talking about the LITTLE STARTER SWITCH.

Well I decide to go and look at the TSRM and found where that wire is located on the ecu. http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM_MKII/fi/FI_075.html

While :shock: lookin at the TSRM and Haynes manual at the same time I just figure it out :idea: On page 5-22 in the Haynes book. I read this section 19.1 pic. Showing the 2 starter wires and its settup. It said both related To START INJECTION TIME SWITCH, COLD START INJECTOR and ECU TERMINAL STA.

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
82setup

Thanks a million Dean :D That was great info and the perfect answer :!: But I think I realized there is a different setup in the 82's harness from(maybe) the ECU difference. I do remember :idea: there being no(extra) wire in the + battery wire loom(setup) in the 1st 82's motor when it would start fine :?

So I decided to take off the old 82 5mge's intake manifold to see exactly the setup to copy it and do it on the 84 5mge I have in ther now.(maybe wires were butchered, but works) :idea:
THE 4TO1 SETUP (NOW 3to1SETUP since 84s 2 STA's go to 1)
I trace the 2 black cold start injector(2 STA with 1green STJ?appearing w/ intake manifold off) wires from the 82's harness thats connected to the LITTLE STARTER SWITCH, 1 ECU terminal wire STA, and even one 1 black connected from the BIG 2nd back up light switch connector. So 4 black wires crimped to the 1 little starter (click) switch.

(With the wires location right above the starter, seems to make sense :oops:)

Tomorrow I think I will try the setup I see on the 82 motor. Please if anyone can relate to what I'm doing :? Anybodys thoughts on this :?:

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE>check every day

Has anyone ever seen an 82 setup like this? I don't think the ESA will have an effect on this kind of wiring. But I'll post alot of pics as soon as I figure my darn camera phone out :x
WED
Today I took off the 84's throttle body to have a better view of the injector harness. Tomorrow I'm gonna try and take out the harness and detach+label all the injector wires. SO I can open up, locate, compare and learn the difference of the 2 :shock:
THURSDAY
Attempted but failed so far, I wont give up and will edit the new news. Please keep checkin this topic if ya can. :roll: its 3:53PM and I'm going to attempt this :?

OK its 9:50pm and labeled and pulledout all the cold start injector wires and switches. It may seem stupid, but I'm glad to have a better picture and realized why the 82 subharness appeared 2 wires & 84 appeared 1 since theyre connected in the fuel rail area. Plus I get a chance to learn about the throttle body and EFI system and clean and detail them. Plus I solved a mistake I made splicing into 1 wrong wire. Taking a break and hopefully finishing tomorrow.
FRIDAY
Today I took some more pics, still figuring how to send them tho. But done the splicing to the 2 STA wires and everything in the injector area cleaned and retaped. Tomorow putting the throttle body back on and hopefully starts.

I found the click switch on the starter happens to be broke just a little on the egde and doesn't click anymore :x will that have an effect on the starter?
SATURDAY
Today put the throttle body, ISC valve and other harness wires and put all the hoses and still makes just a click noise. SO I realize I need a wire to go to the IGNITION somehow.

· Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RELAY SWITCHES?

I have a new dilema, and thats finding the IGNITION wire thats associated with either the main relays/underharness by the drivers side.

Or the the wires w/plugs next to the ECU. I'm thinkin its either a BLACK or B+W wire. I made an extra extension of the black wire from the 3to1 setup above and need to find where it goes :roll:

Tomorrow I should have more pics to show.

Everything could be done and possibly now just need a new starter. So maybe my next step will be to get the starter checked 1st.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.