Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share what I've been working on in case anyone else is interested. I recently remade the top bezel for the radio and plan to remake the bottom half in the next couple of days/weeks. The dimensions are exact and all I would need to do is figure out how to print it onto plexi glass. Below is what it looks like and I have the Adobe Illustrator file but I cannot attach it. If anyone has luck with this please let me know as i am interested in how it will turn out! I need to find someone that can print/ adhere it to plexi glass.
If anyone wants it please dm me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out a method called silk screen printing, I have a project to restore my faded turn indicator stalk icons and was told that this is very suitable for this type of application, Another alternative would be to use some water slide decals as well. Although I have yet to try any of these methods yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
The factory stuff is most likely pad printed as that is how high volume stuff is done. Silk screening is a more manual way of doing that that is less tooling cost vs the pad. Your artwork is technically incorrect in that you'll only be screening the text portion onto the black plastic. You're artwork will only be the open spots in the screen where the ink will be applied. I think you'll find it will be really expensive to only do one piece unless you have some kind of connection. Also you'll have to figure out how to get everything that is there off. A little less perfect solution that is cheaper we've done at work is to have guys that print it on the clear bra material so it's like a giant decal. Water slide decals are cheap, but the durability is pretty meh. You could bury them under layers or clear like guitar headstock decals I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts