Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just watched the CTV (Canadian TeleVision) network comedy drama "The Indian Detective" and spotted a 1984/85/86 Mk II in Episode 2.

https://www.ctv.ca/The-Indian-Detective/Video/S1E2-Episode-2-vid1248647

At 21:56 into the episode there is a black P-Type with blue cloth interior, no sun shade and stock wheels.

It seems to be in pretty good shape, however the badge on the nose appears to be oval in shape rather than the rectangular dragon badge.

The car wears an Ontario plate CRTG 341. Does anyone on this forum own this car?

This is a four-part mini-series starring Canadian comedian Russell Peters as a disgraced Ontario Police Service constable who travels to India to see his sick father. He gets involved with a drug smuggling operation smuggling drugs from India into Canada.
The Mk II is driven by his police partner, Robyn who is still in Toronto.

The series started a little slowly, but I am starting to enjoy it.

Oh, and you get to see William Shatner playing a heavy!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just the one scene so far. Hopefully we will see it again.
We have a pretty active group in Toronto where this is filmed so I wonder if this was rented out to the production company.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No sunshade means it is an '84, right? Wouldn't let me play the video. Jersey Bob. And BTW, looks like LH marker light is out!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No sunshade means it is an '84, right? Wouldn't let me play the video. Jersey Bob. And BTW, looks like LH marker light is out!
Shoot! You're right. I can play Episode 3 now, but when I try to play Episode 2, I get a message to "Sign in to Watch". If I click that button I get Choose your TV service provider to get access to live streaming and more content. Unfortunately, only Canadian Service Providers are listed.
Sorry about that.

I didn`t even notice the marker light being out!

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
I saw the car too, but in another episode. My friend PVRed the show and I was doing other things while watching it so missed the scene you saw.

I first saw the character in the car a few times and noticed the B-pillar as they looked out and thought it was familiar even though there wasn't much clarity. Then I saw a scene where she was sitting in it and you could see the drivers side window and mirror. Then I knew it was a Celica or Supra. I looked like grey leather interior. Finally you see the car in full on the Queen Street at Pape. I looked like the hatch was replaced, paint did not match. Funny thing is I was watching the show at my friends near Danforth Avenue and Pape. Small world.

My white '85 is stored not too far from there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts