Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me how this system works... is it anything like the Tein in the cockpit adjustable suspension?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes.

IMO it's a waste of time. :) Flame away.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Three positions, though only two are user selectable from the factory. There's a soft, medium and firm, and your options are "sport" or.....soft (the actual word I can't remember). With "sport" selected, you get either medium or firm depending on your speed when braking and turning; with soft selected, it can still switch to firm under braking and cornering. I only noticed a real difference once I had tokikos & st springs on my MkIII, and had the HKS unit to manually select between the three modes.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jason....

I shudder even to ask this next part... Anyone know where I can get specs from Honda Suspension Parts? More Specifically, the 92 up preludes?

Here's where this is going if anyone cares. I have a friend who just wrecked a 93 Prelude with a Tein Cockpit adjustable suspension that only had 3K miles on it. Now, it hit me that the coil overs I am about to put on the front of my car are for the same vintage Prelude... Which got me to thinking... If the coilovers fit, and the spring rates are right... shouldn't the struts also fit, and the bound/rebound also be comparable? If thats the case, then the Tein cartidges should install nicely in the front... and the only question remaining... will the rears be close of not...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I could see the strut insert fitting with main concern being height, might be too long. Too short, just add a spacer, though. But the whole housing, probly not. Good luck though! That Tien system would be badass! Keep us posted if it works!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts