Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have an 81 auto that I am converting to a manual, since mk1 parts don't exist wondering if anyone knows a clutch assembly that would be close.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
A w58 should work no prob according to the archives.

I got my MK1 clutch off rockauto. It’s an exedy. Stock transmission W55. Was cheap and fit no prob according to my mechanic

·
Registered
218 Posts
do you need the clutch pedal/brake pedal assembly or just the clutch?

Also do you need a 5 speed or do you have that already?!?

For a replacement clutch, I used a 3/4 ton Toyota truck clutch in mine, back in 1982, my mechanic said it would fit perfectly and have a higher spring rate (it did and worked great!)

·
Registered
218 Posts
thanks, that will help...
the clutch pedal and brake pedal assembly/mount is made in one piece, as your automatic brake pedal would be way to large for the clutch to fit. I know because I sold one last year. Any 2nd Gen Celica pedal assembly should work for you. You might want to ask on some of the facebook pages, as a few cars on there are being parted out. good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok good to know, might even be able to find an aftermarket if 2nd gen will fit. No love for the first gens is making this build pretty difficult.

·
Registered
218 Posts
true, but the following IS growning... slowly...

but yes 2nd Gen CELICA (not Supra) are a bolt in, so should not be to hard to find.... but be prepared for a PITA swap!!! OMG, been a long time since I cussed like that!!!! And I should have charged more! hahaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not just a manual swap, its a turbo ls with an ar5 transmission and narrowed 8.8 rear end. There has been and will be plenty of cussing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's what it looks like, so your saying the whole steering bracket where the brake pedal attaches is different?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts