Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had two Mufflers put onto my 81, the first was a Celica/Corolla/ Supra DTM Dual Tilt Tip Exhaust Muffler (from ebay) and it looked Hideous, was way to low and stuck too far from the rear bumper.
The second one I had installed looks much better but the car is so loud on the inside that it drowns out the radio.
Anyway the one I had removed was a "Cherry Bomb" brand and actually was pretty quiet.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a performance/OEM Muffler that will fit this car, but is not too loud?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! Is it quiet? Or not as loud as what I have?
Do the pipe extension Tips come with it?
Also do you have a P/N for Both and a source where I can get them??
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can find everything out for you tomorrow, but I know the tip comes with it. I'm not too sure where he got it at...

It's pretty quiet compared to ricer pipes. It's very deep sounding. I'll try to put up a video if I can

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the help, but for now I am just gonna put the 1st muffler I bought back on until I can find one like the Pacesetter you have.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I had a Pacesetter catback exhaust on my old black 83 auto. It was pretty quiet, and the only time it started to sound more aggressive was in the higher RPM range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The exhaust was ordered by a local shop PTAP(Perfect Touch Automotive Playground) and it was put on at wolf muffler. You can order them from pace setter. You order their catalog for 3 bucks then get the order form out of it. His exhaust is 3 years old and still running strong.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Trey thanks for all the Pictures and the youtube link, it sounds nice!
Have you found the p/n for the muffler?
Mine is still a little louder than I'd like and I'm thinking about going with a stock muffler at RockAuto.com

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had that same exhaust on my 78 Celica back in the 80's. It looked great and sounded awesome. It just rusted away in nothing flat on me. But it was great until then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts