Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Supra's sensor light just turned on for the first time while driving to work yesterday. I'm assuming it means the the O2 sensor needs replaced but wanted to double-check before picking a new one up. Anyone else have this issue? Funny, I've never had a light turn on with this car.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i went ahead and bought one from RockAuto. For $22 bucks i figured what the heck. Any tips for getting it off without breaking anything? Bolts look clean so i'm hoping it will come right out. Kind of a tight area though. May do some knuckle busting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Replacing the O2 sensor on mine did not fix the problem. I seem to remember reading that there is a reset button or switch under the driver side dash to reset the light. It's been a while since I drove or did anything with my mki so I don't remember the details.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Instructions are in the Supplement for Supra Chassis & Body Repair Manual...Section 4-4

I'll try to post a pic...

1979-1980 Model
Cancel switch on the brake bracket

1981 Model
Cancel switch is on the upper left cowl trim board near (left foot area)

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
And replacement O2 sensor/reset procedure in the Toyota Maintenance Procedures 1980 Models Section 7-15...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
AND more pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent, thanks for the info everyone. I'll try this first and stick the sensor in the parts bin if not needed. Great news.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts