Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
341 - 360 of 397 Posts
Discussion starter · #342 ·
Yeah, I'm ok for someone who's had 60 birthdays,
the passion for the car is still there, just got commitments to deal with first.
If you want to hang on for the ride, there is more mods to come.

Like all posts i like to add a pic.

hi crambo.

im in Pakenham Vic, were are you situated.

we are in the process of building a few cars
with these engines. 2 ar for the GT40's and the other is a Lamborghini.

we have 5 of these engines, the one in the photos is for the gt40

we have started on the gt40 and have done a dummy set-up with the engine and the gear box.
its going to run twin turbo's and have a porches gearbox behind it, carbon fibre chassis and body, we also had to legnthen the chassis and body by 6" to fi the engine

the other Gt40 will be running downdraught's on that car.

as for the Lambo, we will keep it fairly stock, but look at a nice exhaust for the sound.

I've attached the photos of the gt40 for you and the engine prior to having the turbo's fitted

what we are after is some info on the schematics of the std computers (we would like to bench test the engine first) any mods that you have found that would help or hinder the build.

we are looking at getting new titanium rods, retainers and gudgin pins for the turbo set up. we also have spoken to a a couple of cam builders here, but with little success.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards
David

PS: i can upload any photos?

Discussion starter · #347 ·
CLToy - the yellow is on the calipers and I plan to make the instrument cluster background yellow.
All engine manifolds will be black.

Venom0427 - I am in Traralgon, bit more than an hour away,
tomorrow & Monday I will be passing Pakenham, I go to Geelong often these days.
Must catch up with you guys.

I have pinouts but no internal schematics of the ecus.

Discussion starter · #348 ·
Found some time to re visit hatches.

Had so much trouble with warpage in Version 2 that I quit it and combined V1 with V2.

Substituting a lighter insulation and a lighter underside than the 3mm MDF.

have you looked into panel bond? it will remove ALL warpage issues you are having. it is meant to work as a replacement for welding. as a suggestion.

also, a fantastic build. you have it running and driving?

I can't believe I only just stumbled upon this thread, this whole project is art dude. The trimmed rear bumper is something I've always been curious about, and it looks amazing.

Every time I go out to my shop to work on a "paying project" I see my cars sitting there collecting dust, nagging me to finish them; then I remember this thread and its simply amazing V12 project + some of the most innovative body work I have ever seen on a MK2.

341 - 360 of 397 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.