Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 82' supra and currently have a 6m in it. just put on ct-26 turbo set-up from 7mgte. i have a jdm evo 8 front mount intercooler ,custom ic pippeing (so i needed to do a) battery re-location, custom down pipe, profec-B boost control, upgrade fuel pump, HKS turbo timer, ported turbo elbow as well as port intake plenum, HKS 2.o metal head gasket, and ARC seq- blow off valve. thats about it for the engine.
But i had a question:
I ran into alot of problems tunning the APEX I S-AFC that i got for this cars fuel managment, i believe the problems were because the car is so old there for the ecu is not equipt, i dont know wut exactly was peventing this unit to function properly, but i was a pain in the ass.
So i want to know if any of you suggest or know of any other alternative fuel managment electronic for my application :?: ? :?: if any of you have an S-AFC on your car, or knows of a link, please give me the 411 on how to tune it properly.

:) thank you your help is greatly appreciated ! :!: ! ! :!:

TIM-

·
Registered
79 Posts
safc

I had some probs tuning in my afc as well.....I did some research and found that the wiring diagram that I received had me hooking up a wire in the wrong place, there are two signals coming from the afm they are coded vs and vc....I forget which one is right or wrong, but if you feel this is the problem then let me know I'll get the answer for ya.....When I had it hooked up wrong the afc would not lean out or richen the injectors at all...then I found the right wire and soldered it up and it worked great....also if you are running larger than stock injectors you'll need to turn your afm dial about 11 or 12 teeth....hope this helps, don't give up that afc it works great when hooked up properly....also don't mount it where anyone can see it unless you have tinted windows....some punk will think its an equalizer and rip it out of your car...trust me this happend to me......punk asses............good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it seems like we both had the same problem, my afm was either to lean or rich, and there is no tunning avialable w/ the safc not working . can you please tell me in further details how you came about getting your safc to work properly, sorry about the details but i want to make sure i ahve everything correct. CAN NEVER BE TO SAFE...............right
thanks
tim-

·
Registered
79 Posts
here's the info

I found that info that I had been looking for that I think you will need...... Like I was saying, the instuctions that I received said that I need to us the "vs" wire, which is either an input or output afm signal, I think its output, anyway when I had my afc wired into this "vs" wire the afc would not lean out the injectors, after some research I found that it is indeed the "vc" wire right next to it. Make sure that this is the wire that you have the white and yellow afc wires hooked into, this is important....Make sure your settings are right......IE....the correct number of cylinders and the arrow pointing to three o'clock.....and that the "sensor type' is set to "flap 3"....

I made sure that the o2 sensor was new and operating properly and I also made sure that the plugs had not been fouled......When I had the afc hooked in wrong it ran so rich that it killed my plugs real quick....I had to change them out three times before I got er' leaned out just right.....

Also like I said check all tubing for any little air leak what-so-ever, this obviously is very important.......I also have my afm turned about 11 or 12 teeth, make sure this is done, it helped with my tuning more than the afc has......anyway....I hope this info leads you in the right direction you should not have to lean out your injectors more than -20 percent on the low throttle side and on the high throttle side no more than -5 percent, mine is at about two or three percent......so these are some of the numbers that I have, your numbers will be similar but don't they may not be the same......good luck, let me know if this helps at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts