Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
hey thats a prett sweet drift....do any of y'all drift on occasion...i perfer to drift with the roads wet as to not destroy my tires as quickly, *knock on wood* i've never got in an accident from it, but i have lost control seeing how far i could go and still get it back...

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
is that mk2 the one with the 2JZ-GTE?

nice find malloy

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
zankone said:
is that mk2 the one with the 2JZ-GTE?
Yeah, also the Fast and Furious car as well.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Why does he have a ski rack on the car? :shock:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well, it is Cali... drive two hours one way and your on the beach... two hours another, and your knee deep in snow... :wink:

I don't think thats the 2J car from FnF.. like Mike said..theres no white roll bar on the inside...

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do recall a post on sf.com stating that that 2jz car placed 3rd in some CA drift competition...I just do not remember details.

Hrm.

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
There was some coverage of this event on Super Ricer TV today on TNN. No mk2 though. They said there would be a DVD coming out soon, might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Well, it is Cali... drive two hours one way and your on the beach... two hours another, and your knee deep in snow... :wink:
When I lived in Portland it was 1.5 hours to the beach (although cold water) and 1.5 hours to the mountain. :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
hey thats a prett sweet drift....do any of y'all drift on occasion...i perfer to drift with the roads wet as to not destroy my tires as quickly, *knock on wood* i've never got in an accident from it, but i have lost control seeing how far i could go and still get it back...
I used to go drifting all the time. There used to be a residential area near me that was paved but they never built houses on (still havent). Now its blocked by cement barriers. It made a really sweet course.

Also used to go through twisties near Lake Berryessa. Lost it once around a left 90 with a 50ft drop on the right and a rock face on the left. Got lucky and just slid straight down the road sideways, nose just a jew feet from the rocks. Used to go there all the time late night and drift. Cut blind corners on opposite lane, ,the works. Boy were we stupid. Luckily nothing bad happened. Now I go through there on Fridays to bypass commute traffic but I do not get crazy anymore.

Christian

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Drifting is a lot of fun. The whole idea is to get the car pointed in the direction you want to go way before the turn. Much easier when its wet or snow.. but requires a little more deliberate inputs when its dry

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i went autocrossing for my first time last autumn here in ohio in my local scca event and had a blast, i'd never done it before and everyone was congratulating me on my skills, they loved the drifting effects i had going on. the other good thing is that i improved my time over each run.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Okay, this is funny. It snowed here last week, and some of my friends who have imports wanted to go driving in the Supra. Mind you, it is 2am and we were kind of wasted, so it seemed like a good idea to go do donughts :) So, I live in an apartment complex, and there is a long uphill driveway to get out. We all get in the car, and im driving, and from a standstill in my parking spot, I drop into 2nd and pull out completely sideways. I proceed to go up the driveway almost entirely sideways, one way or the other. I stop at the end, and my friend, who owns a 2000 civic, was just jaw-dropped that a car could handle like that. Another friend of mine, owns a 2001 Tiburon, starts complimenting me on my skills. They had never been in a rwd car, and were just amazed at what it could do. Before, they would just make fun of my poor Supra, now they have respect! Also, we were just going down the road, at about 50, and there were no other cars, so I was like, what the hell. I revved it and dropped it into second, and cranked the wheel. I go sideways down the road. Countersteer, drop the clutch again, and go completely the other way, then bring it back to normal. They were like "what the hell just happened"! Ahahhaha, I love RWD's!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
...drifting is bad/dangerous =)

--BillyM
if i may, id like to refute that...

drifting on the STREET is bad/dangerous.

on a track, or a nice empty parking lot that you know the owner of, its great :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Back to the original topic.... This is Javier's car (not that anyone would car at this point as its been a dead thread for weeks. I read the article Malloy pulled the pick from and it mentions him by name...he came in 2nd in the competition actually..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts