Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a MK2 oem radio in good condition.

I would prefer one with the graphic equalizer.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The North American radios will not work well in Europe. The North American AM is at a different bandwidth than MW. The FM bandwidth is the same (88-108 MHz) , but the spacing between the channels is different so you won't be able to get most of the radio stations.

You need a European Toyota radio. So you should not buy any North American spec radio.

Yes, I've lived in Europa.

FYI: Japanese FM is not as wide a Bandwidth as North America/Europe. But the AM is the same.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer! I only need FM, I have just asked a friend who has imported some cars from the states, all radio stations in austria are available with american radios.

I know about the japanese radios, i have one lying around which came with my skyline...

Finding a toyota radio that has been originally in the cs is quite hard, not many big toyotas have been sold here, for example: only 1 MK1 and about 40 MK2´s have been sold here. You own maybe more than here are driving around :)

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
I've got one from an 84 P-type, everything works including the cassette.

$45. CDN plus shipping...no idea what that would be but will send whatever ways the most economical...

PM me with an email address (if you want pictures) and actual address to get a shipping quote.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have PN!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts