Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im just wondering if theres any other mk2 owners out there in the fraser valley area (BC). i was out in surrey to look at a mkIII for $1300 and saw a bunch of nice mk2's while i was out there. haha i was with my dad to look at the mkIII and my dad told the guy we were comeing from chilliwack, so don't sell the car to anyone cuz we're on our way to look at it. well the guy sold the car to some other guy cuz he thought it was my dad :mad: . hmmm, well it sold $1050. the body was in immaculate condition. he just said the engine quit running on him. lol, it probly just needs a timing belt :roll: . yah well someone got a good deal. sorry, i kinda got off topic here. but post your car year, color, and if its ptype or ltype. btw, i saw a mint black 85 mk2 in surrey, is that anyones on this forum???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in the champlain area in east vancouver. My 84 is pretty rusted and I have no $$$ to fix it up. Oh man, I wish I had the money to get an MK3. I love them. Personally I think the MK4 looks really ugly and strayed too far away from the old boxy supra.

It would be cool to have an mk2 supra meet in vancouver though. I'd love to swap ideas about speakers and what-not. Well, if anyone does happen to plan one of these meets, do tell! :D

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
We just had one a couple months ago, I host them every now and then. The next one will probably be within a couple months.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet

heh, i've never been to a meet b4, that'd be pretty cool if you could host another meet. but the thing is i'm in chilliwack, so it would be a bit of a drive, plus i still go to school.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
they're always on weekends. Chilliwack? Thats like an hour drive, thats nothing! The last meet I went to was in Centralia, WA, that was almost a 3 hour drive one way, I think you can make it :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gas prices are kinda high for my tastes, so I have to stretch my dollar when it comes to gas. Hopefully the next meet will be somewhere close to where I am, preferably Vancouver. I don't mind driving as far as GM place.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Vancouver meets

You think Chilliwack to Van is far? I used to commute from CHilly into Surrey daily! Try finding parts and/or attending meets from allaway up here in Terrace!

I keep seeing great deals on mkII's and mkIII's in the BC Buy & Sell, but its a minimum 12 hr drive for me, so I have to pass up. :roll:

·
Registered
954 Posts
SupraFiend, thanks for the welcome

I just joined.

I've got an '83 P type. Black, terracotta interior, 5-sp, 48,000km.Eibach springs, Tokico shocks, HKS exhaust.

It's getting to that time when I've got to get replace the Dunlop D3s. Ouch. Looks like new wheels too.

It's cool to see so many people in the Vancouver area. I'm in North Delta.

Hmmm. New tires, new wheels, new wheels, new brakes? Well, I guess I need more power then. Aahhh! This is addictive, isnt it?
:shock:

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
48k? Wow, I take it your seats are in damn good shape then? Your car repainted? I've never seen a black supra with TC interior, I have seen them with the burgandy though. You'll have to bring this immaculate beast to the next meet (early august) so we can check it out!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yes, the seats are in pretty good shape.

The car is original so it's never been repainted. I bought it new and have always had a company car. It's hard to put miles on the thing!

I had to pull out the original sales brochure to see if it really was Terra Cotta or if I was lying. The brochure says Terra Cotta. It doesn't list a red interior though.

I'm definitely going to have to come to the next meet.

Having recently broken up with a financially demanding girl friend, I now have the money and time to spend time with the Car!!!! Better company anyways I'll bet.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i'm in south delta... and the 82 L-type is coming from chilliwack.

I didn't realize there were so many people from here on this forum. cool.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know. The wet coast must help preserve these beasts.

After 20 years I need all the help I can get keeping this thing on the road.
The info here on this forum is great.

kicknsupra, how does yours survive the winters in pg? More to the point, how does your alternator survive your sound system? Wow!

Hearing about all you guys around here, I was out tonight cleaning the wheel wells so it doesn't embarass me too much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Im in kamloops, not too far from vancouver... I driving down with some friends for warped tour on the 4th of july. :D

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Supraz,

Can you go ahead & list your paint code & interior code from your firewall data tag??? Have never seen a Gloss Black MKII w/ a Terra Cotta interior, esp if it came this way from Japan. Am curious to see if this was some unique Canadian Toyota marketing thing that was unique to you guys. "Most" of the time, the exterior/interior color combinations are the same on the North America MKII's, just the color names tend to be different between the US & CAN. TIA!!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
You know, I'm really embarassed because I haven't been able to find where to decode the data plate. :oops:

However, the data tag reads:
MA61L-BLMQFK
202FX31F293W58

I think that you are absolutely right. I have a Canadian sales brochure and it lists the interior colours for the Supra GTS as: Blue, Terra Cotta, and Black.

The actual colour is a browny red. It looks like red that has been faded by the sun. It's not though.

The Exterior colours for the GTs were Polar White, Black, Sapphire M., Terra Cotta, and Torrid Red. If memory serves correctly, only the white exterior came without the black hatch.

Apparently in '83, black in black was not an option. A black exterior was only available with a Terra Cotta Interior.

Tom-aye-to, Tom-aah-to, when marketers get involved, things get confused. :shock:

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another nice difference between the early US & Canadian MKII's.

Paint Code 202 is indeed Gloss Black

Interior Code FX31 is indeed the Terra Cotta Cloth P-Type seats.

Axle Code F293 is the 4.10 LSD rear.

W58 of course is the W58 5-speed.

Yep, on the US 82 - 83 MKII's, Black was not available w/ a Terra Cotta interior, just the Black Cloth I believe.

Thanks for the info!!!! Am still slowly learning the subtle differences between the US & Canadian MKII's (besides the fact that the early US sport models were P-Type's, while the Canadian ones were GTS's).

·
Registered
954 Posts
CJSREDPRA

First, what on earth were you doing up at 3:19AM :!: :!: :morning:

Where have you found the option decode info?

What kind of decals did the P-type Supra have to indicate a sport model? When I got my GTS, an '83, there was a 14"w x 6" tall decal that said (I think) "Supra GTS" on the right edge of the hatch. It had a black background with gold lettering. It was the first thing that came off because I thought that the decal would eventually peel and then I'd have a black square on the paint where the paint didn't fade.

I didn't realize that there were these differences between Canuck and Yank cars!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts