Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever been goin down the road and had a bunch of losers yell out get a nissan........Well I did a few years ago.....so being that the road was a little damp I turned around and sat at the lights......green came so I floored the poor old thing ( its an auto ) started the wheels spinning and keep it going for a full city block right past the losers who by now had thier mouths wide open and couldnt beleive what they were seeing......so now these guys just drool evey time I went past..........so who needs a nissan when you own a Supra. :lol:

·
Registered
268 Posts
More details! what are you driving?

I know that 200SX's and Silvias are pretty sucky and skylines are the lamest cars on the road, some of us can BARLEY deal with driving a Nissan, but we're thinking of Supras the whole time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Some nissans are crap, but I would not try your luck against the new maxima or 6 cylinder altima unless you have boost. The new maxima is putting out 265 HP (at the crank) I drove one and it WILL snap your neck back in the seat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i forgot to say my supra is ex japan 175hp std but has modified air intake, no aircon, tuned exhaust with no cat and almost no emission control (not requiered in NZ ) special plugs ( cant remember wat they are but cost $120 trade price ) plus a few other mods that have been done at a mates place who loves doing that sort of thing. dont know what he done but its a lot quicker.
dont even know what HP its putting out but it does a 15 sec flat 1/4mile and top speed was 270kph. Not bat for a 5mge auto !!

Pic of it starting a burnout at NZ 1st Annual Suprafest

·
Super Moderator
7,287 Posts
jbrody44 said:
Some nissans are crap, but I would not try your luck against the new maxima or 6 cylinder altima unless you have boost. The new maxima is putting out 265 HP (at the crank) I drove one and it WILL snap your neck back in the seat.
I second that one...i raced a buddy of mines maxima with my stage 2 mkiii turbo and lost...but then again, I'm sure this point has little value coming from someone who lost a race with his moded 6m to a stock 5m :roll:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idont know about over there but in NZ most jap cars are speed regulated to a max of 180kph, unlike my supra, thus the fun is when they hit the speed cut i just carry on past with a smile.
And yes those maxima's are quick ( the local cops have a few as plain cars etc ) and i never try it against them unless i can get the jump on them. as for most of the "boy racers" over here we just sit behind them till 180k, then wave bye bye.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the lastest to bit the dust was a dirty great merc, i smoked him off
( literaly, cause on the club run i blew a main oil seal and any speed over 120k she poured oil out back onto the exhaust ) and you know the miserable sod gave me the fingers as i pulled past him, dont think he liked a old smoky supra passing him when he couldnt get any more out of his tank.
So i gave it hell and smoked him totaly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts