Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in need of a rear stub axel from any year mk2. measurements will be taken from this and a 5 stub axel will be machined. but first i need a blank to work with. anyone has one shoot me a pm. dont clutter up the Wanted section with ?s. ill answer them when im ready to sell a finished product. thanks

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
PM Sent...

D

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just to clear things up, this would be the stub axel that the wheel studs are pressed into. not the rear halfshafts that bolt to the diff. thanks

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Bryan, I don't know how much demand you will get for such a product. If you just want to machine a set of 5 bolt stub axles yourself I have four of these blank axles left. I gave Roger (rwago) a set and don't know how far he got with them. You could PM him and ask.

I was hoping to machine them myself, but never have enough time at school. You are welcome to two of them if you like. Only thing is that they are really heavy to ship. Maybe if they were cut down?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me ask the machinist if he could work with this. i dont see why not. as for demand, i would make my own set and keep one set on the shelf. if someone wanted it they could buy it. i really didnt think i would sell more then 5 sets even at a pretty low price. i really just wanted a set for myself

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Custom machining can be quit costly. It might be more cost effective to source a set from down under even with the shipping. I was planning to machine them myself at school, but trying to get high marks is more of a priority.

Anyway they are here if you need a set let me know.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ill deff be in contact. i have a hook up for the machining and a deal has already been made. this is a far better decision (for me) then sourcing out MS123s from AUS.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still looking for a set of these. u guys going to junk yards keep me in mind please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts