Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago my bud gets a Acura integra n/a non v tec, so we go out and race....long story short I smoke him by 5 lengths. I even took off easy not to burn off my new rubber lol. But still made me feel good lol!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Gooooood....

·
Registered
899 Posts
Honda 4 bangers can get pretty crazy, even N/A. Kick me in the nuts if i ever own one, but i do respect the fact they can push 200+ horses out of a 1.8 with just a built head. There's a guy named Bizimoto who built a 2.2 liter F22 (accord 4 cylinder) and pumped 400 horsepower out of it with NO forced induction, NO nitrous. All head work, high compression, good tune.

The reason Honda spoils it for me is because of all the 17 year old sideways hat kids driving them and racing them, when they have no idea what a cylinder head is.

·
Registered
555 Posts
the ls dc integra has the 1.8 b18b nonvtec 145hp. My friend has a 99 civic si with a b16b type r swap and it pretty fast for a honda.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea his is the b18b I belive.

·
Registered
402 Posts
torque steer = danger cus most honda kids cant drive... hence why I dont bother with them...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the vid on fb. But I can't find out how to put the URL on here.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm not.a big fan of spending thousands to make little fuel misers race cars but they definitely have potential. I remember when I was 19 and had my first L Type 85, I got into a street race with a 97 4 door Civic and absolutely got my ass kicked and I've seen some super fast Civic at the street races. Definitely respect what they're capable of even if they aren't exactly my cup of tea. As the years have passed I have really started to like the look of early 90's Civic coupes though

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I almost don't believe you. My 96 LS felt just as fast as any mk2 I've driven and any 5/6m mk2 wouldn't have stood a chance against my 95 GS-R.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As of now I have beat him 3 times in a row. Lol. By more than a few lengths!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I almost don't believe you. My 96 LS felt just as fast as any mk2 I've driven and any 5/6m mk2 wouldn't have stood a chance against my 95 GS-R.
I've taken down a couple gs-r swapped hondas/integras with my 6m 84... not to say they arent fast they just cant compete with a 4:10 geared 6m...
gotta remember its usually a 17 year old kid who probably has no idea what hes doing too...
theres a civic club up in my area with plenty of turbo'd 300whp civics/accords/integras and they are quite fast especially for the 1500$ you can buy a kit for them off ebay and usually they dont run enough boost to hurt anything...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha yea. Same here. Eveyone is Jackson's tn drives a damn civic of somekind!! And think they are the sh#t! Lol. Yea and the guy in the integra still ain't the best at the manual trans!! Hahah. I'm only 20 myself. But everyone I kno tells me I'm one of the best manual drivers they kno lol. Makes me blush hahahah. :mk2_vroom

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
But everyone I kno tells me I'm one of the best manual drivers they kno lol. Makes me blush hahahah. :mk2_vroom
I'm 19, and when I leave school when it is wet outside, I like to get squirrelly with the rear. All of the Honda-tards are like "Hurrr, how U do dat in ur FWD, nyugguh?" and I tell them its a "RWD Manual because I'm a fuckin' badass" and they shut the hell up.

'Street cred' +1. lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea fwd :loser::mm_gay::gtfoslap: Rwd!! :hail::woot::mk2_vroom

·
Registered
155 Posts
will c wut had happend was that my first car was a 84 supra. and my brothers first car was a honda. wuts he driving now a toyota celica gt. and project car a supra. took em a while to get his head straight. XD

·
Registered
328 Posts
lol. kids nowadays stick to cars from the fast and the furious movies. you tell em you own a 84 celica supra, and they are like, wuts dat? i raced a 240sx, i let him get me on take off, burned rubber in 1st, and a bit at the begining of second, caught up, and passed him like nothing. they ask what in it, i say, a small inline 6. again, Wuts dat?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I love my Toyota's and a fan of the Honda's.. I had a 2000 S2 when I met my wife while my 86 mk2 was in limbo wating 4 my car guy 2 start working on my Sup.. it sat for 7 years be4 I had enough of him wasting my time. He was a friend . Im paying 4 all the time it satup now..
The good news about it now.. its getting prepped for the paint shop now.. no thanks to my friend backing a car in2 its drivers door..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts