Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, does the turbo exhaust manifold from an MK3 fit on a MK2? I was told that it does i bought an entire turbo kit from a guy who had it installed on an MK2 the car ran but he had to eliminate the power steering pump reservoir. but if the mk3 manifold puts the turbo back enough to keep the power steering. if anyone knows please let me know.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Art Space
Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Art Space

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
Which one the stock one or aftermarket ones? And what turbo. The manifold mounting pattern on the head is the same except its pretty common you have to notch the flange for the PS pump bracket on the 5M. The stock CT26 fits using the Mk3 turbo inlet elbow. Once you go aftermarket you're kind of on your own.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow! Now that you bring this up, I have never seen a photo of a turbo with the power steering pump mounted.

The best pics I have seen of the area are from Rabid Chimp's old web site which showed some pretty details of the area. But again with no PS pump attached.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Gas Machine

It looks like the air intake turns hard enough to leave clearance for the power steering pump reservoir.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive air manifold

Hopefully these pictures show your problem a little more clearly.

Dale

Reactions: erapz1970

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which one the stock one or aftermarket ones? And what turbo. The manifold mounting pattern on the head is the same except its pretty common you have to notch the flange for the PS pump bracket on the 5M. The stock CT26 fits using the Mk3 turbo inlet elbow. Once you go aftermarket you're kind of on your own.
Yeah its aftermarket i want it to look like it came with it from the factory, i found someone that selling me the turbo all the piping from a mk3. the CT26? is that the stock turbo from the mk3?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Now that you bring this up, I have never seen a photo of a turbo with the power steering pump mounted.

The best pics I have seen of the area are from Rabid Chimp's old web site which showed some pretty details of the area. But again with no PS pump attached.

View attachment 18565
It looks like the air intake turns hard enough to leave clearance for the power steering pump reservoir.

View attachment 18566

View attachment 18567

Hopefully these pictures show your problem a little more clearly.

Dale
Wow thank you. so is that exhaust manifold from the mk3?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah its aftermarket i want it to look like it came with it from the factory, i found someone that selling me the turbo all the piping from a mk3. the CT26? is that the stock turbo from the mk3?
so the CT26 is the turbo from a 90s mr2. but what manifold can i use?

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
The ct26 is also the stock turbo on the mk3 supra. It's slightly different though. All you have to do is Google 5mgte and I'm sure you'll find pleny of pics and info on this. That's the route most people go since it's cheap.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow thank you. so is that exhaust manifold from the mk3?
Yes, Rabid Chimp took the turbo, exhaust manifold, and as much from the Mk 3 7MGTE as he could.

And as SilverMk2 said, The Chimp clearance'd the exhaust manifold slightly to clear the power steering pump bracket. This is very similar to the clearancing that has to be done on header flanges of aftermarket N/A headers.

Dale

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here's a few pics of my old mk3 manifold installed with power steering pump. IIRC, this is the bolt that interferes with the manifold, just grind down with dremel to fit:

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas

Its a relatively tight fit for everything but simple enough to do. I used the oem mk3 elbow for the intake side, worked just fine:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive design Rim

another angle of installation:
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts