Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO ALL!!!!!!!! After being on the Forum all this Time and owning a mk2 Supra I never Shared Her with the Fellow mk2 Enthusiast, So today I shall do so. BE WARRNED she is in a very bad condition and I soon Hope to Return her to he previous glory That She was once in, before The last owner decided to Do what he did to the supra. I bought The Supra For 500 as a car to Fix and sell but now that I have worked on it I cant Bring my self to sell the supra its like a drug. The supra 1985 p-type with the 5mge 5 speed With Blue interior as the car sits now the supra is having some sort of Timing issues/ignition witch is stopping it from Starting. Hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

Only Rust I could find

She is a Fixer up for sure But I love her and that's what matter not what anyone Else thinks of her She mine.If I missed a area of the car you what to see tell me and I will post a pic
Also all pictures are From a iphone 5s So if they suck I am sorry

·
Registered
552 Posts
You know, its got some issues but not bad to start with for $500. I hope you ejoy working on her :)

·
Founding Member
6,229 Posts
Indeed. I recognize the unusual wheels and blue spray paint. That car languished on a used car lot in Fort Worth a long time; I drove past it on the way to and from work for nearly two years. Then it was gone and a year or so later reappeared being sold by a title company in Sanger in even worse condition. You've taken on a huge project to resurrect one so abused/neglected. But you are right, these cars are quite addictive. Good luck.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Indeed. I recognize the unusual wheels and blue spray paint. That car languished on a used car lot in Fort Worth a long time; I drove past it on the way to and from work for nearly two years. Then it was gone and a year or so later reappeared being sold by a title company in Sanger in even worse condition. You've taken on a huge project to resurrect one so abused/neglected. But you are right, these cars are quite addictive. Good luck.
you sir are spot on I picked it up in Sanger Texas from a huge pot head who did not know what he was doing at all.but at the age of 17. Years old I have a huge project in front of me and I know it will take some time to do but I am up for the challenge I all ready have updates to post too

·
Registered
453 Posts
When the car was on CL, I exchanged emails with the owner's dad, who had a small car lot. He said that he bought it for his son, but then his son found a MKIII turbo and he wanted that more. A lot of claims were made about the car and what it needed. I almost picked it up myself, but I am glad that it found a good home with you. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
quick little Update so it Turns out there was no Gasket between the upper and lower intake manifold and non of The grounds we hooked up as well as injectors were unplugged and all had bad seals :-( also went ahead and did the timeing belt replacement too Wile I was in there and spark plugs and wires distributor and oil More pictures to come when its Finished

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dylan,

This doesn't look too terribly different from mine when I bought it 5 years ago (geeze, has it really been that long?). But, it's a helluva good starting point. Attention to the details can make it great again.

Thanks for the pictures! These are my favorite posts. I'll be watching this build.

-Brian

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dylan,

This doesn't look too terribly different from mine when I bought it 5 years ago (geeze, has it really been that long?). But, it's a helluva good starting point. Attention to the details can make it great again.

Thanks for the pictures! These are my favorite posts. I'll be watching this build.

-Brian
your welcome glad you enjoyed it
Also anyone who is looking to sell Stock p-type rims In Texas Let me know I am looking a set I only need 4 just pm me

·
Registered
453 Posts
your welcome glad you enjoyed it
Also anyone who is looking to sell Stock p-type rims In Texas Let me know I am looking a set I only need 4 just pm me
I have an extra set. The problem is that I can't decide which set I want to work on and which set I want for the car. I'll send you a PM when I figure it out. There was a set in Killeen, not too long ago on CL.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have an extra set. The problem is that I can't decide which set I want to work on and which set I want for the car. I'll send you a PM when I figure it out. There was a set in Killeen, not too long ago on CL.
Witch ever one It don't matter to me just try and let me know by the end of the week I have cash ready to buy

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE TIME So after Resetting all my timing and still not getting it to run at all I determined I had a fuel problem so I set the timing to what the manual said And dumped gas in the intake and what would you know it ran until all the gas burned off out of the intake With led me to bereave my Pump is bad but I replaced all the Fuses and relay and the pump never kicked on So I dropped the take to find this

The pump has been Replaced at some point but after reading the reviews of this pump There are all not so good One said after 30 miles the pump died So I will be getting a new one and also I have a bad oil pan gasket AKA NOT ONE THERE

and Found a little more Rust :-(

And Check out the o2 Install By the last owner

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Some tips:

1. Please use wheel chocks on BOTH sides of a wheel. I always chock the wheel diagonally opposite of where I'm lifting the car from. I also apply the parking brake when I can, or at least leave it in gear.

2. Starting in 85, 5MGE engine didn't even USE an oil pan gasket. They use silicone or FIPG (form in place gasket).

3. That front left wheel looks to have a heck of a ding in the inner rim lip. Hope it's really just a wheel weight, as the pic is dark in that area. If that wheel has a slow leak, check around that ding for a crack.

You're doing the right thing replacing the fuel pump. That pickup filter sock looks nasty! I hope the tank is cleaner than that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Some tips:

1. Please use wheel chocks on BOTH sides of a wheel. I always chock the wheel diagonally opposite of where I'm lifting the car from. I also apply the parking brake when I can, or at least leave it in gear.

2. Starting in 85, 5MGE engine didn't even USE an oil pan gasket. They use silicone or FIPG (form in place gasket).

3. That front left wheel looks to have a heck of a ding in the inner rim lip. Hope it's really just a wheel weight, as the pic is dark in that area. If that wheel has a slow leak, check around that ding for a crack.

You're doing the right thing replacing the fuel pump. That pickup filter sock looks nasty! I hope the tank is cleaner than that.
The tank is being clean by a professional shop was not in too bad condition and the rim is the wheel weight and I took your advices a chock block both sides of the wheel also I have. Video just can't get it to upload. Also any recommendations on fuel pumps would help too

1 - 20 of 75 Posts