Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Very Nice!!

I thought I had scoured the web and found all of the 78-81 IMSA celica racing photos - but those two I haven't seen before.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
I have some of the Factory Press Photos on here somewhere as well on the Kent Celica in B&W...

Hi, Awesome pics, anymore?:facesjump:badger::zzzzz::salute:
Kent IMSA Celica GTU

Rally Celica

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Karl, need help with this one, which yr Sir??

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
The car in the foreground is a 1st Gen Celica - they were used as the Long Beach Paces cars up until '77. Would need to do some research to find the exact year. A 2nd Gen Celica was used in '78 (see post #16), followed by the MkI Supra in '79.

The car in the background is one of the IMSA GTU Celicas.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Thanks Karl!! Nice to know the info, hard to remember all this stuff!!

The car in the foreground is a 1st Gen Celica - they were used as the Long Beach Paces cars up until '77. Would need to do some research to find the exact year. A 2nd Gen Celica was used in '78 (see post #16), followed by the MkI Supra in '79.

The car in the background is one of the IMSA GTU Celicas.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Found a few more!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh, and you finally decide to reply 3 months later???

Please try to get your information correct & I won't be an ass..... I have issues w/ mis-information posted & the correct info has been posted previously...
I didnt provide mis-information, I was asking for information. Take a chill pill (3mo later again)

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
From Toyota Tech June '80

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Nice Jacket!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry if this is a bit off topic... but you guys seem VERY knowledgable.

I have a Chrome peice under the "Door Strip" but JUST over the rocker panel chrome. its about 4 or 5 inches wide. I'd like to know if that is correct peices? it fits very nice like it was made for the car, but at the same time it seems like its not a factory part.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow

This is the most informative thread I have read on this forum in the 9 months or so I have been on here.

I love this forum!!!!:salute:

I want another mkII though :sadsmilie

In three months I'm getting 7000 bucks for school!!! Someone sell me one in three months!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey LAKERFAN1215, My Supra is for sale (the red one 3 or 4 posts up with the odd chrome) you wouldnt BELIEVE what I payed for that car. take a guess! you'll be blown away

·
Registered
22 Posts
More Pics To My Supra (for who asked)

these pics are dated (Christmas that JUST passed) getting new pics soon

Only took one week to rebuild and paint it. (I had a whole week off to do it).
Also it was my first paint job. Front fender needs to be redone though. FOR SALE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Got any details on the rims you are running?

wheel size, offset, tire size, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To be be honest KDSII no. Im getting it on the road this weekend. im super excited :) haha cant wait to drive this puppy around. the rims are a 14? im pretty sure (4 bolt) they came with the car.
Only paid 475 for the car and spent 400 on paint.

Pretty good for a 900 dollar car eh?

61 - 80 of 100 Posts