Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Donn, NICE!! any pics Sir??

I did get one awhile back, to fit my old self LBGP patches all that stuff...

Arch, I totally got one of those jackets of ebay a while back! RET-TRO

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
why don't one of you guys do a pace car clone? i don't think it would be that hard to do.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I think someone has one of those original pace cars. I remember seeing a post or pictures of if (although repainted).

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I didnt think the Turbo came out till like 86? somewhere there? but what do i know?
The turbo wasn't a factory option until '86.

The MkI Pace Cars were modified with turbo's to give them enough HP to run on the track - not something you could order at the local dealer :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i wanted a turbo... but sad to say... im swapping the strait 6 out for a small block chevy in my MKI.. any tips or comments on this swap?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
i wanted a turbo... but sad to say... im swapping the strait 6 out for a small block chevy in my MKI.. any tips or comments on this swap?

There are better motors to chose that will bolt up to the mounts and tranny, such as the 5M-GE, 6M-GE 7M-GE and GTE. Check around for stuff thats been done to the old school ones. Oh and turbo motors started in 87, hehe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't see the original photos of this thread, but I believe my family is in possession of one of the original TRD MkI Pace Cars. It's running on and off and is driven around when running. It was purchased by my Uncle from Portland International Raceway and was his daily driver for decades until his passing.

We would love to get into contact with people who are familiar and interested in the car - it is too cool to not share.

I know this is a very, very old post - but reach out if you want more information!

We are currently looking to replace the ignition system and could use some help.
20200930_180004.jpg
20200930_205245.jpg
20200930_171339.jpg

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Josh H is the man to talk to.
He’s helping me out with my MK1.
I’ll tell him to log on.
Josh = MK1

Wicked car man!

·
MGSS Afflicted
1985 Celica Supra P-Type; 1979 Celica Supra; 1992 Supra Turbo Targa 5spd; 1998 Supra TT Targa 6spd
187 Posts
I can't see the original photos of this thread, but I believe my family is in possession of one of the original TRD MkI Pace Cars. It's running on and off and is driven around when running. It was purchased by my Uncle from Portland International Raceway and was his daily driver for decades until his passing.

We would love to get into contact with people who are familiar and interested in the car - it is too cool to not share.

I know this is a very, very old post - but reach out if you want more information!

We are currently looking to replace the ignition system and could use some help.
I found pics of this car from 10+ years ago at thetoyotaenthusiast.blogspot.com/2011/10/1981-celica-supra-trd-turbo.html

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Nice!

The paint scheme sure looks like the original pace car.

Any photos under the hood?

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
There's some impressive ones on FB...

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
My best attempt at being techy...

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts