Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning to go turbo on my car eventually. Everyone always says make sure you upgrade the rest of your car first. Well, there just isn't much I can do to upgrade my suspension or brakes, as there is little to no aftermarket left. Anyone running upgraded stuff? Anyone not, with a turbo? The only thing I could think of would be replacing the struts, and maybe having some upgraded sway bars made, and A buddy of mine suggested running air shocks in the back to stiffen it up a bit. Any suggestions for brakes? Do any MKII brake components swap over?

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so then......just make sure everything is new and in good working order then? Why oh why did I have to buy such a rare car? :mad:

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Chris. I'll be keeping my eyes open in the junkyards, and all my toes crossed. As far as the strut/shock upgrade you made, would you say that it was worth the money? Did it improve handling, or just make the ride stiffer? I'm actually pretty happy with how the car handles right now.....but I've been driving a lifted truck for 5 years so........ 8)

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FWDsux said:
PST also has a rear bushing set fir the MKI that lists for $80.....whereas the rear set for the MKII is $30. I wish they'd tell you all that comes with these kits. :? Is the Celica anything like the Supra of those years? If so, then PST also has sway bars for, to quote my brand new catalog:
"1971-1977 celicas.........1" front........3/4" rear
1978-1985 celicas.........1" front........3/4" rear"

HTH
Nick
I'll need to go check my sway bar sizes, but I think those sound like upgrades.....can anyone comment as to wheather they are so much the same, or not?

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bringing a dead post back to life.....

Where did you get your Tokicos from, and how much were they? I've found a place that sells Koni's, but they are $90 a piece for the fronts! I guess I may have to suck it up, but I was wondering about the Tokicos. Thanks.

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more thing, Chris :roll: Where did you get your brake pads from? If I can't find Brembo rotors, which I doubt I'll be able to, what would you recommend, Toyota OE? Thanks again.

Oh, and thanks for the link, FWD.

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Measured my sway bars finally....

without a caliper as accurate as I can be is the front is about 7/8" and the rear is a 1/2". So would the P-S-T 1" for the front be worth it, that's not much of an upgrade. They offer a 3/4" rear which is quite a bit larger though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.