Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm looking for some advice for upgrading the suspension on my 81 Supra PP. Looking through older posts, it's obvious that the answer USED to be Tokico shocks/struts... but since they are no longer around what are some other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Talk to George at raptor racing
I have all new dobinsons springs going into my car
Believe rock auto still sells the struts

Search the forums. Believe Camaro work in the rear

Reactions: AJ

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
wow, joined in 2012, first post 10 years later... :oops:

be carefull of the previous post, not sure he noticed you have a MK1.

Reactions: AJ

·
Premium Member
8,925 Posts
Upgrade shocks/springs??

KYBs Xcels struts, Gas A Just shocks

Or look at the Konis at Classic Garage.com

Search the forums...

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, joined in 2012, first post 10 years later... :oops:

be carefull of the previous post, not sure he noticed you have a MK1.
:ROFLMAO: Yeah, I've had the car for over 12 years, but I haven't done much to it in that time. I found it through the classifieds here on the forums (bought it from Spamalope). Not sure what happened to my other account, but I ended up creating this new one about 10 years ago.

Love the car and I used to drive it daily, but some crazy life stuff happened and it's been sitting undriven for the past 5 years or so... I'm just now finding the time to get it back in running condition.

Thanks for the advice!

·
MGSS Afflicted
1985 Celica Supra P-Type; 1979 Celica Supra; 1992 Supra Turbo Targa 5spd; 1998 Supra TT Targa 6spd
216 Posts
:ROFLMAO: Yeah, I've had the car for over 12 years, but I haven't done much to it in that time. I found it through the classifieds here on the forums (bought it from Spamalope). Not sure what happened to my other account, but I ended up creating this new one about 10 years ago.

Love the car and I used to drive it daily, but some crazy life stuff happened and it's been sitting undriven for the past 5 years or so... I'm just now finding the time to get it back in running condition.

Thanks for the advice!
We would love to have you on our Mk1 owners only FB page. facebook.com/groups/1stgensupraowners

·
Registered
3 Posts
We would love to have you on our Mk1 owners only FB page. facebook.com/groups/1stgensupraowners
So, if I used to own a Mk1 and am now in the market for another I would not be allowed to join that site? I am just curious because it would help me possibly fullfil my dream which is to own the same car that I drove in high school again. I am sure that doesn't sound too crazy to all of you Supra owner/enthusiasts. I joined this site in the hope that it would also help in my quest. I do love scrolling through y'all's posts, but it also makes me miss the ole girl that much more. Lol! Seriously though, I would appreciate a holler back as I have tried on this site before with no response. Be blessed y'all!

·
MGSS Afflicted
1985 Celica Supra P-Type; 1979 Celica Supra; 1992 Supra Turbo Targa 5spd; 1998 Supra TT Targa 6spd
216 Posts
So, if I used to own a Mk1 and am now in the market for another I would not be allowed to join that site? I am just curious because it would help me possibly fullfil my dream which is to own the same car that I drove in high school again. I am sure that doesn't sound too crazy to all of you Supra owner/enthusiasts. I joined this site in the hope that it would also help in my quest. I do love scrolling through y'all's posts, but it also makes me miss the ole girl that much more. Lol! Seriously though, I would appreciate a holler back as I have tried on this site before with no response. Be blessed y'all!
HI Mk1 Mania. Yes, sorry to say I keep the group for actual owners. Not because I don't want you to find another Mk1, but because generally our members don't sell their cars and it keeps parts strippers out (like those who have left 90% of the junk yard Mk1s without a rear axle and making rear calipers now impossible to find). There are many other similar pages for you to keep up your search, but the best advice would be to set up a nationwide google search or use searchtempest.com or autotempest.com to search all of Craigslist and FB marketplace. There aren't many left to find, unfortunately

Reactions: 1982 Dragon
1 - 10 of 10 Posts