Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
697 Posts
Now that is ownage. Awesome!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Wow, i'd like to know his secrets, wish he was on our forum.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That is awesome.

Guy obviously know how to launch. More info would be cool.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whatever he had done to it, it works! What the record for the fastest MKII 1/4mile? I remember seeing a vid of a black one along time ago that ran a high 9.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Whatever he had done to it, it works! What the record for the fastest MKII 1/4mile? I remember seeing a vid of a black one along time ago that ran a high 9.
Suprameli in NY has a full drag mkii, he ran 9.6. I saw in Upgradesupra's sig he's running 9's on a street setup. I cant wait till next year with a new converter to hopefully be in low 10's. His 10.25 pass was at 221 kph=137mph.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Suprameli in NY has a full drag mkii, he ran 9.6. I saw in Upgradesupra's sig he's running 9's on a street setup. I cant wait till next year with a new converter to hopefully be in low 10's. His 10.25 pass was at 221 kph=137mph.
Upgradedsupra(Duane) has a mkiii, not a mkii. Just fyi.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Oh, okay, I just saw his sig, I dint think it mentioned that. I just assumed it was a mkii.
last I saw he was making just over 800whp without nitrous. I don't think he was running that much power when he ran the 10.25...I think he said he was pedaling the car the whole way down the track as it was.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Fastest MKII

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the fastest MKII title belongs to Russ Matosevich's 1985 3.0L turbo 5M-GE which has gone 9.58.

There was a slightly faster MKII at one point (forget owners name) but he used a 7M-GTE.

Sonny

edit: Joel Tazman (sp?) was the MKII driver with the 7M-GTE I was thinking of.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the fastest MKII title belongs to Russ Matosevich's 1985 3.0L turbo 5M-GE which has gone 9.58.

There was a slightly faster MKII at one point (forget owners name) but he used a 7M-GTE.

Sonny
I think he was running w58s, replacing them every event and breaking stock driveshafts like toothpicks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts