Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, I know it's probably not much of a contest but it was a freakin awesome race since I'm a moron. It was on State in Salt Lake so it was 3 laned and the light goes green as I'm talking to my friend and I'm like OH CRAP and the Prelude jumps out in front and I go about 2 lengths behind. So I pass the Cavilier like right as he shifts into 2nd (I swear he shifted around 4000 rpm cuz it was early) so I get into 2nd and the tires grab nice and I get right off the right wing of the si but the prelude was still ahead by a bit and I saw the red light coming up so I'm like DAMN. So I hit about 5500 RMP go into 3rd and he shifts too but my shift was flawless and I jumped out in front of him by about 4 feet and I hit the brakes, I was so proud, I got a nice finger at the light too, but I smiled and told him he was gutless. Oh, and the cavi... yeah... we beat him by a couple seconds, lol.

·
Registered
366 Posts
haha, sounds like a nice race. i have only had my mkII for around a month. so i haven't gotten a whole lot of racing in (and now that its snowing almost everyday, i don't think i will).

although my friend wants to race me in his firebird. its an auto V6, so i know i'll smoke him.

(sorry for reviving the old topic. its just.. yeah.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol I can beat my friend in his v8 5 speed firebird on the freeway, probably not off the line but on the freeway I own him. So a v6 auto wont even be a challenge for ya.

·
Registered
366 Posts
84_celicasupra said:
what do u have done to your car...and u don't have the 5M-GE right?
me? no, i have a 6mge. thats all though. no intake. no exhaust (wait.. it might be, i know it has two out of the muffler instead of one.)

and yeah..

·
Registered
366 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
5m'd mk2 isn't taking a v8 firebird in a line, period.

--BillyM
thanks for the info, but uh.. no one said anything about a v8 firebird. or a 5m mk2.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
CST said:
lol I can beat my friend in his v8 5 speed firebird on the freeway, probably not off the line but on the freeway I own him. So a v6 auto wont even be a challenge for ya.
this is the post i belive billy was talking about, and if im correct, that means that its a third gen firebird, and a mkII can take an older one with ease, if your going by the numbers.

"HOT_M16 wrote:
5m'd mk2 isn't taking a v8 firebird in a line, period.

--BillyM

thanks for the info, but uh.. no one said anything about a v8 firebird. or a 5m mk2."

my friend just bought a 84 firebird v8 5speed, and it run a couple 16.7s....
there are lots of mkIIs that would rock him.

not to say all older firebirds are that slow, but just stating that theyre out there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
oh.. sorry i misunderstood what he said.

and yeah, there are some slow firebirds. especially the auto's. gm didn't put very good auto transmissions on the older ones. i'm not sure about the new ones.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Also, remeber there were two different v8s, with a bunch of different options. The 305 is pretty unimpressive, especially the early TBI 305s (they put out about the same HP as the 5M with almost twice the displacement). However, try a later 350 TPI and it would be another story (unless you add some boost :wink: )

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
his is an 84 orange piece of crap that gets smoked by my mkii the whole time. It's not the 350 engine but it is a V8 (that 305 I'm guessing). But it still makes me happy to burn cars with engines twice the size of mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts