Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hose from heater to engine ( toyota part # 87246A & 87246E)does not seem to be avalable any more.

Some one found aftermarket replacement ?

I found Dayco part # 87625 in replament for # toyota 87246A ( engine to connector) BUT NOTING FOR 87246A from connector to heater.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
You might just have to take the old one in to Toyota or generic parts store and compare it. I'm sure you would find something close enough.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
just go to your nearest parts place and find the rack with misc hoses on it. sometimes you can find a long bendy one that has the hose you need on it twice. cut it in half and you got an extra for free!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where i live , there is no part place,like Napa or Carquest, who stock different hose .
I found one hose listed for my need, i order it and i been inveted to consult the site : accessdayco , the manufaturer . That what i did and foound 2 dozens of hose in there cathalogue, but could not have the hose in my hand like you suggested, whit out order it .
What i am looking at is some one who had the chance to compere different lengt and bend hose .
I made is a list of Dayco part # whith the right diameter.
It is difficult to compare my old hose in my hand with a picture on my computer screen.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
This is the "C" shaped hose assembly, right? Years ago I had one on my 84 going bad. Auto Value couldn't get me the exact replacement, but did have the heater hose for a MK3 in stock. It was shaped closely to what I needed, so I bought it. I pulled the old one off, compared, cut some off of the new hose and fit it on. Worked great!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the "C" shaped hose assembly, right? Years ago I had one on my 84 going bad. Auto Value couldn't get me the exact replacement, but did have the heater hose for a MK3 in stock. It was shaped closely to what I needed, so I bought it. I pulled the old one off, compared, cut some off of the new hose and fit it on. Worked great!
Thanks, for the mk3 that fit.

RedP85 refered me to rockauto, they offer 5 '' cut to fit'' part #.
Goodyear 63152, look very clos , They liste :gates 18738 and acdelco 14083S,dayco 80401.

Any body ever trie the Goodyear replacemnt ?

Thanks to Mark Sherman for this diagram

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I went the RockAuto route for one of the discontinued hoses. I don't recall offhand which one I bought but it worked great with a little trimming.
Lucky you are to find a replacement part like that.
Here i have to order, and pay in advance the part and shipping for a part that i THINK, fill fit.
Lately i order the Dayco 86122 in replacement of Goodyear 63152 in replacement of OEM 87246A.
Let you know if it fit( connection to heater) when i receved it.
But i can tell you ,i was lucky my selve to order the last 87245A, valve to head OEM heater hose.
If some one have a new ''valve to heater hose '' (87245E), let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts