Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta keep this short, I only have internet on my phone and there's a 512 charector limit: Me and my wife bought an 85 L-type about a year ago and we are starting in on some of the things that need to be done to the car. We're (i say we because she picked out the car and I stole it from her) plannin to get it runnin as a Daily Driver for now and maybe get into some heavier mods later. This is my first time getting deep into working on a car so I'll be full of Q's and appreciate all the A's I get. -Will

·
Registered
562 Posts
Congrats on your new toy and welcome! There are a few of us MkII nutballs in the Tidewater area so let us know if you need anything. We are always looking to keep another MkII on the road.

·
Registered
379 Posts
welcome aboard. i'm not in the tidewater area, but i do get down to va beach and chesapeake from time to time. it would be nice to meet some of the local supra owners down there sometime.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That'd be cool. I actually found out about this site by pullin up next to another MKII at a redlight and talkin to the owner. Seeing another one up close in good shape kinda spurred me into action on this car. Hopefully this weekend I'll be pulling the guage cluster out and putting a new one in, the current one is shot; and from there I'm gonna do plugs and wires. Just little stuff till i learn more and know what direction I should be taking.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That'd be cool. I actually found out about this site by pullin up next to another MKII at a redlight and talkin to the owner.
What color was the MkII? Did you get a name?

If it was a flat black 83 which is loud it was probably Donkey2.

If it was a primer grey 85 but clean it was probably JTWhitehead.

If it was a Dark Maroon and really shiny 85 it was probably my son's YoungerToyNut.

If it was a really pretty dark blue 85 it was probably 1Smooth85 but he lives in Hampton.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was JTWhitehead, I couldnt remember the s/n he gave me till I saw it. Conversations at redlights aren't usually the easiest to retain info from. I've seen his car around town before but none of the others you mentioned, though I dont get out of VaB very much.

·
Registered
256 Posts
aaahhhhh yes it was i, me and angelina were on our way from work. if you need a hand or advice. ive got plenty of each. we are working on making a nice tight litlle community here and would gladly share anything you would need. just drop a pm and we can take it from there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey dont forget about the Va Mountain crew Me and the wife we gotta come out again

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey dont forget about the Va Mountain crew Me and the wife we gotta come out again
Don't worry we could never forget you!:laugh:

Like JT said we are all just a PM away.

·
Registered
662 Posts
lol Yeah the ******* with the two tone thats not primer and not a chevy im one of a kind

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey! As my Dad (80's Toy Nut), and all of us down here in Southeastern Va have said welcome to a great community and please stay in touch we always love having a new MKII owner to join our group. As we know of there is about 8 to 10 MKII's in Hampton Roads that we keep in touch with and try to set up meets with like we had in August http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=50699 welcome again and please if there is any questions or parts that you need or anything we are all just a pm away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts