Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i am going to start driving it.
is there anything i should do.
i will go and pump new gas into it. also im gonna change the transmission oil, engine oil, brake fluid, and bleed the system ... and stuff like that.
is there anything else i should check.
i will be doing a 2 hour drive ont he high way so should i get this done before i leave or after when i get back to my other house.

second thing is there is a hole in the muffler so i want to replace it. i was thinking of getting the pipe mandrel bend and purchasing and putting a dynoflow ultramax muffler on it. i was wondering what are the angles becasue i havent seen my car in over a year so cant really remember. 1984 supra
if you reply i appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Try the search button. There is lots of info in this in old posts. A year isn't that long so an engine oil change is a must and a coolant flush whenever you get arount to it. :wink:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.
i still need to know should i do this before i leave on my 2 hour trip home or do it when i arrive back at my place.
im not sure if it will alst 2 hours ont he high way

·
Registered
141 Posts
worst that will happen is the muffler falls off and you are loud the rest of the way home, I would go for it. Keep an eye on all fluids as you may have some brittle seals/gaskets/hoses etc. after being parked for a long period of time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thanks. i hope nothing goes wrong. it just had a engine rebuild and i drove it for a few months nad everything worked fine.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I tend to drive with the radio off and listen for stuff. I learned this lession in an old parts car I drove to high school (down the back roads ...) Lets just say that the valves eventually DID get louder that the radio but too late to save her. Oh well, she was done anyways.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
id change the oil and tranny fluid, but when you change the oil, remove the cam covers and pour the oil in over them, let them get nice and wet, and the hydraulic lash adjusters too.

remove the EFI fuse from the under hood fusebox and crank the engine a few times.

i HIGHLY recommend driving the car around for a lil while before going out on the highway.
let it warm up for 20 minutes at city speed, the seals will love you for it.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
what part of alberta are you in??

if your in edmonton or area, let me know, i can give you a hand prepping the beast.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am in edmonton. i thought i would be the only one. my body is out of shape but the engine jsut been rebuilt.
i found a guy seling a 84 supra with mint shell/body and interior but the engine is run. he wanted like 1600. i can swap but i cant afford all this so fast.
im gonna try and just restore as much as i can. its gonna tkae a while. ill turn it from a beater car look to a calendar potentialed car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts