Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

MKii Speaker replacement recommendation

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  karrloh5 
#1 ·
Hi I've got a 83' MKii and I'm wanting to replace the original speakers as they no longer sound that good. I've already opened the necessary panels and know the sizes. I'm just looking for speaker replacement recommendations as I'm not too knowledgeable about audio equipment and want a way better sound.

#2 ·
The REAR speakers are a weird size. The fronts can be had rather easily. Take the old ones to a car stereo shop and ask. Lot's of them in Bakersfield.
This is good info:

#4 ·
Dave, Crutchfields sold a long time ago speakers adapters for the MA to fit a standard size speaker for the back...IF I could remember what I put in 5"x7"s??

The REAR speakers are a weird size. The fronts can be had rather easily. Take the old ones to a car stereo shop and ask. Lot's of them in Bakersfield.
This is good info:

#3 ·
Well the factory speaker is like 3.5 inches... super small. I cut a hole out in my door and stuff some Jl audio door speakers 6.5in and sounds amazing!!!
The rear i did the same and drilled out a hole Nd mounted another set of Jl audio speakers. Right on the side of thr backseat.
Sounds great!
Also ofcourse jlaudio sub to tie it allll together!

#7 ·
Well the factory speaker is like 3.5 inches... super small. I cut a hole out in my door and stuff some Jl audio door speakers 6.5in and sounds amazing!!!
The rear i did the same and drilled out a hole Nd mounted another set of Jl audio speakers. Right on the side of thr backseat.
Sounds great!
Also ofcourse jlaudio sub to tie it allll together!
Nice upgrade! I bought JL Audio speakers also although they are not yet installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.