Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knew the curb weight of a MKII. Also does anybody know the weight distribution front to rear? I have a feeling that Im gonna end up building mine as a drift car/ mountian runner and just wanted some numbers to play with.

If you know of any site that lists all these fun numbers and maybe some other intersting ones feel free to post them. I searched the main site and found nouthing. kinda sad.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
All that info is at celicasupra.com in the FAQ. :)
But for now: curb weight approx-2950lbs F/R weight distribution is very close to 50/50 I think it is about 52/48. Some people have relocated the battery to balance this out. If your building for performance you might want to consider removing the AC parts. There are over 40 pounds that can be removed :shock: -all in front of the front axle :twisted:
HTH
-Wil

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the AC compressor, condensor, and all associated lines have already been removed. The tired (192k) 5MGE is going to be replaces with a low milage 7MGTE. I have the donor car already and am just waiting for the clutch and oil filter relocation kit. then the fun begins.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Heres the actual specs.

-General-
Curb weight - 3045 lbs.
Weight distribution w/driver - 54/46
Lateral acceleration - .80g.
700 ft. Slalom - 61.8 Mph.
Track F/R - 57.9/56.7
Length - 183 in.
Width - 67.7 in.
Height - 52 in.
Ground clearance - 6.3 in.
Fuel capacity 16.1 Gal.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i know that stinks, in my 84 i've never gotten more than 14 gallons in the tank but if i try to wait more it stalls and dies. Now in my 85 i get even less in there maybe at most 13.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Gera & onedic,

The 16.1 gallon capacity IS correct!!!! 14 gallon fill up when the guage is reading near empty is just about correct. If you have to fill up to 15 gallons then you're REALLY sucking on fumes & the FP should not be able to suck up any gas if you are on a slight incline.

As others have mentioned on the Yahoo list in the past, there is about 1.5 gallons or so in the tank that is NOT USABLE!!!! This is so that the FP does not pickup all of the icky crud that has settled at the bottom of the tank. This is done on purpose.

There is NO WAY that you'll be able to get a full 16 gallons into the tank, unless it's absolutely bone dry!!!!

The owners manual clearly states the gas tank capacity in the specifications section in the back. For those of you in the US who are missing their owners manuals, you "might" want to think about ordering a reproduction manual from Toyota.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Does anyone find it strange that the track is wider in the front than it is in the back? 57.9/56.7

Does that mean that there should be a 1.2 inch wider wheel in the rear to make things even out, or does that mean that theres should be a lower offset like maybe a -Xmm?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
yeah thats always kinda bugged me. Its quite obvious by looking at the car too. Thats why I'm not partial to rims with the same offset front and back. IMO the most you want to run up front is a 7 inch rim with 0 offset, or the equivelent offset with wider rim, and something crazy like -20 with a 7 in the rear, or less with wider, etc.

The 16 Gallon tank is defintaly correct, I've run out of gas a couple times and it can fit the 16 if empty.

Drift Dragon, if your serious about getting a nice weight balance and drifting, a 7mgte is poor choice. It adds quite a bit of weight to the front end. With no driver the mk2 has about a 53/47 weight balance. It takes alot more then ditching the ac to get a perfect 50/50. You need to drop about 150 pounds off the front end in all. That or add a bunch of weight to rear, which isn't that hard or that bad of a thing (think NO2 bottle, sub, battery, etc).

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I know for a turbo, I weighed the parts, and they exceed by about 10 pounds what you get for removing the A/C... So I'm planning on just adding some weight to the rear in the form of a relocated battery, an intercooler cooler bottle, and a small sub.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
the relocated battery really helps, but its only worth while if your more or less giving up your hatch for storage purposes. My friend Duane with his sweet ass mk3 (which is featured in the June issue of Sport Compact Car btw) has a cage, NOS bottles in the rear and relocated battery and with a half a tank of gas hes at about 52/48 which is actually pretty impressive considering all the work done under the hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts