Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Since my car is really low, I feel there is alot of flex in it when going in and out of my driveway etc.

So Im after a strut brace for the top of my engine (not sure what these places are called someone tell me :duh:) and the rear of my car in the boot.

Im not sure what fits MKIIs after something affordable, so just wondering what strut braces from other cars would fit the supra?

cheers

jake

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
You have 2 options for the front. The word your looking for is "shock towers"

Cusco - Known to be a weak bar in general, still allows flex

LJM custom strut bar that was part of a group by. (they only happen upon demand but the creator said he wont do any more group buys for this) as far as I know I dont think any are available at the moment you would have to PM Dave and ask him how to get one.

LJM:

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=48858&highlight=LJM

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=45177

For the rear you have 1 option

The TSC rear brace sold by raptor racing. He is CURRENTLY doing another run of these so now is your chance.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=48633

good luck

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if any other braces from other cars fit on the front?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
nope and how would they. If there was another option I would have mentioned it. Every single car is different, and if you did find something you can be almost certain that it would interfere with your motor.

PM Dave if you wish to not break your head.

·
Registered
655 Posts
re: Rear Bar

Cusco also has a rear bar available for our cars. It's not as easy to install as the first option, but still an option none the less.

Sonny

·
Registered
683 Posts
There is also a front strut tower bar made by CP Racing, but I don't think fitment is that well.

Do a search, I think I read somewhere that someone made a front strut tower bar from a S13 fit.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Do a search, I think I read somewhere that someone made a front strut tower bar from a S13 fit.
I know that it would require re-drilling of the holes in the mounting plates since the RWD Celicas can use the S13/14 bars with little modification and the way the bolt holes are positioned for the strut hats is completely different between the Celica and Supra.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know that it would require re-drilling of the holes in the mounting plates since the RWD Celicas can use the S13/14 bars with little modification and the way the bolt holes are positioned for the strut hats is completely different between the Celica and Supra.
If these S13 camber plates bolted right up shouldn't the S13 strut tower bar also bolt up?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If these S13 camber plates bolted right up shouldn't the S13 strut tower bar also bolt up?
You do realize that those camber plates are not mounted how a "normal" person would mount them? Camber plates should face into the center of the engine bay towards the other strut tower, not facing in towards the firewall. So therefor, how would you get the strut bar to work without re-drilling the holes? The S13/14 have the same bolt orientation that teh RWD Celica's do, whereas the bolt hole closest to the engine bay faces towards the other strut tower, here look at the Celipra and you will see what I mean:

See how camber plates are suppose to look when mounted, and see how different the bolt orientation is between a Celica and a Supra?

·
Registered
683 Posts
You do realize that those camber plates are not mounted how a "normal" person would mount them? Camber plates should face into the center of the engine bay towards the other strut tower, not facing in towards the firewall.
I did not notice this, thanks for pointing it out. Since they are pointing towards the firewall, would it make these have less useful adjustment or would any kind of adjustment be useless?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts