Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Mkii Sunroof FIX???

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  rycrok8 
#1 · (Edited)
The sunroof on my 1982 Celica Supra is off its tracks and makes a real bad motor noise. Just wondering if anyone knows how to put it back on it’s tracks? I heard I have to take the headliner off to even get to the roof.

See less See more
#2 ·
Try some searches, this has been covered many times in the past here. Its likely the plastic brackets the sunroof pivots on, they are built into the rail tracks and tend to break if the sunroof gets impacted or forced. There has been some attempts to get replacements made, not sure what state those are at. There is definitly a thread about that (SupraZ posted it).

#9 ·
You've got to pull all those 10mm bolts out and lift the sunroof out from the top. The plastic parts that breaks rides inside that aluminum rail you can sort of see from the side. You'll have to look, but there shouldn't be any broken plastic on either side.

#12 ·
My sunroof has been in and out twice to get the car resprayed, but all the parts are intact and it works fine. That being said, if you are able to get the parts 3-D printed, I would be glad to share expenses and have a spare set for myself.

If V.B. is still following this thread and has not gotten it figured out yet, you don't have to remove the whole head liner, just the trim piece around the sunroof, and the piece on the sunroof. Getting the headliner piece off the sunroof is the most difficult part of the whole process. If I recall, it has to be popped off on the front and then it slides forwards. That will give access to all the bolts and the cables. Make sure to make a note of the number of shims on each side for proper reassembly.

Bob

#16 ·
Not sure where the file is, but a some point someone hosted it.
There is working replacement units available at two sources, read the whole thread :

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.