Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Another MKII diff rebuild done.
Replaced 3.73 gears, solid pinion spacer, bearings, seals, truetrac.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
My 4.10 LSD is a quiet screamer,but I can tolerate it.
This one is my third one..My '84 L type came with an open differential and I hated it!
Color me stupid: I tossed it into the steel bin at work!:mad:Dumb-ass.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
My 4.10 LSD is a quiet screamer,but I can tolerate it.
This one is my third one..My '84 L type came with an open differential and I hated it!
Color me stupid: I tossed it into the steel bin at work!:mad:Dumb-ass.
Yeah should have kept it.
Always can rebuild it into something better :D
Unless the case was damaged, which is very very rarely the case.

Reactions: ddd228

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would you be willing to send me a pm/estimate what you would charge for an 85mk2 diff rebuild like the one above with 3.73 gears, solid pinion spacer, bearings, seals, truetrac ? Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sure thing, will do.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
How would a guy ship such a heavy weird-shaped object like that?A box built from 2 X 4's? Reinforced OSB?Bolted down,but how? Stand it up on the differential cover,so a hand truck can be used?
Ray85p has my old 4.10 LSD CORE,a nasty screamer.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Mine arrived in a box vertically with a bunch of styrofoam boards jammed into the space to fill up the voids and keep everything solid.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have a method of shipping that never has had an issue to date. *Knock on wood.
Unless they drop the package from 8-10 feet on concrete it will be good.

·
Registered
597 Posts
A week ago, I received a rebuilt MKIII diff for my 92 from piratetip. His method works great.

Rick

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hey there he is!
Get it installed and working?

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
597 Posts
No no yet, I won't have time for another two weeks at least. I did pick up 3 qrts of ford 90w gear oil and additive, so i'm all set.

Reactions: piratetip

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
A very thorough explanation of a GM diff. Posi,new gears and bearings. It looks similar to our design.
New gears make it easier to set it up? Yes,because you can make your own gear pattern and not rely on the old tooth pattern,I'll guess. He is using a quality digital caliper,here.

·
Registered
290 Posts
How would a guy ship such a heavy weird-shaped object like that?A box built from 2 X 4's? Reinforced OSB?Bolted down,but how? Stand it up on the differential cover,so a hand truck can be used?
Ray85p has my old 4.10 LSD CORE,a nasty screamer.
Obviously don't ship it to his address, but here's a good way to ship thirds.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
I'l save some Styrofoam blocks for heavy items shipping. When I have just to much of that crap,I get rid of it with a tub of acetone. Melts into a GOO for disposal. Takes up too much room in my garbage and it chokes my trash compactor.
I save bubble wrap and insulate my basement windows.A towel and a garbage bag will keep the foam balls out of a shipped diff.Even an old pillow case.The box in a box is a good way to make a sturdy shipping package! Crumpled newspaper works fine as well. I shipped a vibration damper and I lined the bottom of the box with plywood.It went out in a Priority Mail ANY WEIGHT box.When I order gel batteries for my solar set up,they come in a double box + Styrofoam.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Dave your LSD sticker is in the mail.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Great! (y)
I'll be elbow-deep into my Supra today. Bottom hose will be fun. Yeah right, Dave. :rolleyes:
I need to wait 3 days B-4 I put Evans Cool back into it.That's alright,I have food and beer until then.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
GOT IT!!!!! It will go where it should be. (y)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Good deal.

Reactions: AJ
41 - 60 of 60 Posts