Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont want to hear about how i could have just got the stuff for mkii. i'm working with what i got :)loser:), and since it is installed now i can say it is stiffer. now on to the good stuff.

this makes for a tight, and lowered front and rear. the springs are eibach lowering for mkiii, and struts are tokiko's lowering for mkiii.

The mkiii has a coil over strut set up, in both the front and rear.

so after seperating the springs from the struts, i removed the bushings from the struts because they are too small to fit over the mkii bracket. ofcourse the bracket needs to be replaced, i happen to have a supply of semi truck bushings. these need to be turned down so they can be wedged into the strut. picture is after-material-before. theres a foam coating on top, i just cutt-off and dicarded.

spring istallation in the rear is usual.

struts from the front are used in the rear due to being longer, the ring that the spring originally sits on is cut and removed. a washer is placed on before the nut to secure the strut in place.

to secure the top of the strut i cut the original mkii bushing in half. on the strut place a washer and the rubber from the mkii strut. jack under the wheel untill strut reaches the top, and secure as usual, using half the bushing or it wont fit.

the front is still to be completed today, but should be as simple as shaving down the spring rest, and installing...... look for edit

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
um, ok, any pics of how it sits with the wheels on and after it settles?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coming today, i worked till it got dark last nite and my camera doesnt have flash, but i've been driving it with the rear finished, nice and stiff, and it lowered it quite a bit. pics up in a few hours, i'm in class.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some crappy night time pics...

this is the rear after settling

more to come, and more work tomorrow.

still need to fit the "rear" struts to the front springs, and mount. also cutting the rests off the struts installed in the back.

·
Registered
828 Posts
looks pretty awesome, how's the ride?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the front struts will need fabricating to fit, but the rear is done and very low and tight, the bump stop is inches away but due to how tight the springs are it doesnt hit too often.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the first dark one is on the ground, but i'll get day light pics in a bit. i had the rest cut off in the rear too. dennis did you see my car at the meet? it had not been put together then

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Sorry, had missed the post with pics, and no I don't think I saw your car there. Maybe on the street from afar but never went up to look at it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
front will take awhile, lots to modify to get the struts to fit how i want.. prob a week or so.

after cutting the rest and re-installation

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no, it is close and i've contemplated it, but i think i'll wait till i get the front setup complete and see if it doesnt help level it out. i think in the future i'll be looking for rear adjustable gas struts, to replace the mkiii struts. i like the stiffness but on my roads it becomes more of a pain than a nice-ity. here's a pic i took today of how it sits, keep in mind only the rear is installed the front is the old worn 84 suspension.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same here. After I read through this, I went and pull out the part from the front clip of the mk3 (original toyota shocks) and try it on rear shocks. There's a bid of mods but it seems to go in perfect with the stock spring. End up took it for a spin and it's a little bouncy going over pot hole and so. But when cruzing on the highway it seems to be just fine. Tried to take off, it handle a lot better than when I have the stock shocks on it. I haven't done any thing to the front yet, but will try something this weekend to dodify the front. Will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
those are the stock struts for an mkii? both the spring and the struts on mine are aftermarket lowering from eibach and tokiko. i plan on swapping everything from the mkiii to the mkii, in the summer maybe in time for silv? if not aw well. and i know that will take some fab work, i'm up for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts