Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
its ok, Ill buy an 85 supra and a used 2j to make my own car because they are selling nothing that interests me.

Young adults such as myself are not looking into what they are selling.

I have a 4dr toyota beater for winter and my toyota 2 door coupe for summer.

Both older than me and I wont buy a new toyota.

·
Registered
599 Posts
that is pretty cool, thx for the link.....come on MKII values, they will get there sooner than later.

Toyota has nothing for me, lexus is to expensive and luxury,Scion TC is toooooooooo, well you know !!

Nissan.....:thumbsup:, Mitsu...:thumbsup:, subaru....:thumbsup kinda

I am tempted to go out and buy a 2010 Subaru STI...test drove one a few weeks ago....fun cars once you get them away from burnout zone, I actually stalled the one I drove when the light changed....LOL !!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Toyota has nothing for me, lexus is to expensive and luxury,Scion TC is toooooooooo, well you know !!

Nissan.....:thumbsup:, Mitsu...:thumbsup:, subaru....:thumbsup kinda
I veiw the Scion TC as the new Honda Accord since there is a ton of aftermarket support for "ricers" just like Honda.

Another nice newer car is the Hyundai Genesis. I have seen a few and am still quite amazed on how nice of cars they are. Looks like they are starting to bring out more media on the thing too (if you click the + in the vid, it gives you different camera angles) http://www.hyundaigenesis.com/coupe/default.aspx

·
Registered
419 Posts
scions are sooooooooooooo...... front wheel drive? gay? for ricers? all of the above? i daily drive a cressida and i drive the supra when i feel like it what i dont feel like is driving any of the new toyota vehicles because they dont appeal to me. If they want us to support their sales they need to give us something we want to drive. Nissan,hyundai chevy and ford are making toyota look bad in the performance department. Is there a forum for camry's? venza's? corolla's? out there?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Nissan,hyundai chevy and ford are making toyota look bad in the performance department.
I have to agree, it seems like Toyota is putting all their bets on the FT-86 panning out.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
yeah cuz Toyotas just been "getting by" the past decade or so
It has been about that long since they put out a great car in the states, huh?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
It's their own fault for making the Celica FWD and taking away the Supra.
Don't forget about not bringing the ST205 (AWD gen6 Celica) to the states.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Toyota is playing it safe right now because of sales being bad they are not investing money into development they are playing the wait and see game. Which is risky what ever toyota pulls out of there ass next is either going to be a huge hit or a big flop. as for the other car companies nissan is in the lead with the 370Z followed by hyundai in the genisis. mitsubishi is lacking to, shame they should have stuck to making zeros.

·
Registered
599 Posts
^ eric...awesome..thx for the reminder and link. I do remember reading your post about that car, just didn't put 2&2 together. Great looking car and BLUE !! :thumbsup:

cool that you got to look at it in person.......after looking at the pictures today, looks as though the avid S/T tires are new....I spent 1/2 the afternoon trying to find 2 of them....:SM130 (1)::SM130 (1): I have 2 brand new avids on the back of my MKII2J...need 2 more for the front, good luck huh ?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Actually the Yokohamas were new on it when I saw it. He did a good job cleaning up the wheels and tires since I looked it over, I can tell a difference in the pictures.

He wanted $9-10k for it as of last spring. We'll see what it ends up at. It's a very nice car, there are several light spots in the paint about the size of a quarter that you cannot see in his pictures. Hard to describe. A little surface corrosion and oxidization underneath, not that bad though. I have it on my car too :(

Eric

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yea Toyota has designed very borring cars to look at,
nissan and mazda leapfrog them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts