Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone ever saw that picture of an mk2 with the tail lights from an mk4. i saw them on the web one night and don't rember the site. and i was wondering if anyone saw that picture or has the picture or link to the site cause i wanna see it again. i am really considering putting the mk4 taillights onto my mk2. the car didn't look bad either it looked pretty damn good and if anyone's got any info on that pic i'm talking about please help me out. thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
cant say ive seen that pic.... couldnt envision it either, but i have been kinda thinking about mkIII tails on a mkII.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i really want that picture because i'm almost positive i wanna put the mk4 lights on my mk2 it'd look pretty neat i think. well if everyone can keep looking out incase they come across it for me thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I don't want to become the forum jacka$$ but I think that would look really ricey... IMHO

Rice Scale (Out of 10)

* * * * * * * * 1/2

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know it'd be ricey thats the only thing keeping me from doing it. but i pretty shure i just gonna keep it the way it is now and leave the mk4 taillights for the mk4. but if anyone happens to see that pic somewhere i want it. aight thanks

Dan

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
That idea is wrong on so many levels:

1. mk2=boxy mk4=roundy
2. mk2 tails go with car, cause its boxy. mk4 tails ar roundy....you see where Im going
3. mk4 tail optics are modern, and the car is old school. Bad clash.
4. Every ricer on earth puts mk4 tails on their Hondas. We do not want to be associated with that scene :jerkit:
5. The contour of the mk4 lamp will be nearly impossible to get flush in the mk2 rear.
6. Its just wrong :ghey: :fruit: :pat: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how bout i scratch the idea of mk4 tail's onto an mk2 and go with mk2 tails on an mk4.

Malloy say's they won't fit well i say we'll make them fit.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
how about you just paint your car black and black out your lights too :twisted:

Malloy is all about keeping it oldschool :toilet:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
speaking of blacking out the lights do they still make the black visor thingy's for out lights??? i'm not shure what they are called but do they still make them????

Dan

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Okay, so lets see here:

You want blackouts for a Sealed Beam headlight. Don't think they make them..

You want blackouts for a car that has retractables. When are people going to "admire" you're blackouts? In the dark? :shifty:

:wtf:

I don't know about you, but I try to avoid putting up my lights all together, kind of wrecks the lines of the car... But whatever lights your blub...

:gotrice:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i'm not talking about the headlights being blacked out the tail lights i know they use to have a set for the taillights to be blacked out.

Dan

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I know someone who had an SDR '85 that painted his taillights and it looked pretty sweet. You could still see the lights at night, too. I am not sure what type of paint he used, but it was very dark.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
you can use smoke paint, its kinda like tint paint, but its probably illegal in your area, so take the risk at advisement.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
dmv should be able to tell you, you can probably also ask at the local courthouse, someone there should know, and calling the police station should get you in touch with someone.

id ask for a copy of the road and automobile laws for your state... always a good thing to have for future reference

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i'll prolly stop down at the dmv one of these years after i get my supra up and running lol. this post is getting off the topic of mk4 taillights on an mk2 lol o well. has anyone ever thought of putting the mk3 dash into an mk2?? or is it two differnt????

Dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i don't really like the dash from the mk3 but was only wondering if anyone ever thought of doing it. :agrue:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts