Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

modding the 7m to 400rwhp?

19K views 107 replies 20 participants last post by  walkerhiboost 
#1 ·
what are the steps to modding the 7m to reach 400rwHP? I know there is a fuel cut soemwhere, how do you overcome that? help???

charlie

#2 ·
There is fuel cut device electonics that will turn that off, but you won't get to 400HP with the stock AFM and injectors. You will need to convert to the Lexus AFM and 440 injectors in order to pour enough fuel in. Stock set-up will get you to 310HP or so with the fuel cut-off device disabled.

#3 ·
Personally I'd make that Lexus AFM and 550's...give's you more room for errors. Mess up with the 440's and bye bye motor. To give you some idea of what you're looking at I made 300rwhp and 347lb-ft of tq on my mkiii with the following mods:

• Lexus Afm
    Rc 550's
    Apexi AFC
    Apexi AVCR
    HKS Downpipe
    HKS Super Dragger
    High Flow Cat
    K & N
    Stock CT26/Stock Intercooler @ 0.80bar

In order to get past this # an upgraded turbo is your best bet.

HTH

#4 ·
I hope to get mine back this weekend, will have the fuel cut defenser, boost controller, modded turbo, NPR intercooler, 3 inch exhaust. Will dyno when I get a few miles. Expecting 300HP and torque at least.

#5 ·
well, why are you running .8 bar if you have a lex afm and 550's? the stock ct26 is still effecient at 1 bar. anyhow, yes, and upgraded turbo with those mods listed would get you to over 400rwhp if tuned correctly. btw, dont use the stock 440cc/min injectors with the lex maf, you will run lean if you do.
william

#6 ·
William...what's up man...actually, I'm pretty aware that the stock ct26 is effecient up to at least 15lb. But in all seriousness, you guys would not undersstand my luck with cars, that's why I set it .80...which in the end didn't make a difference cause the engine grenaded on the final run of tuning on the dyno...so I walked home with a paper that said 300rwhp and a bill from the towing company.

So...who here wants to hear all my sobby bad luck car stories...anyone...someone...no...ahhhhhhhh screw you all :mad: :evil: :cry: :D

#7 ·
what is the device to disable the fuel cut? what HP numbers can the ct-26 max out safely? would i need the a MHG to be able to turn up the boost? What would be the turbo of choice? 1. 60-1 trim or 2. 62-1 trim?

charlie

#10 ·
oldschool85 said:
what is the device to disable the fuel cut? what HP numbers can the ct-26 max out safely? would i need the a MHG to be able to turn up the boost? What would be the turbo of choice? 1. 60-1 trim or 2. 62-1 trim?

charlie
Depends on whether or not you want a everyday driver or just a racer. IMO the 60 trim is the most livable choice.

#15 ·
id just like to chime in hear and say the ct26 stock is no good after 10 to 11 psi --- if you have a good flowing sistem you will not get more that 11 psi at 6 grand you can spike to 20 if you wont but it will fall of in the end. if you wont 400 rwhp this is what you need
(head p/p with 3 angel valve job not needed but cant hert) MHG arp bolts or studs
exhoust open o2 elbow with 3" no cat and magniflow muf ( you can run a cat but i dont)
2" ic piping hard pipes with soft bends ( or bigger well like 2.5")
BIG ASS INTERCOOLER
lex afm 550cc injectors (55lb holley injecters) walbro external pump or in tank rrfpr 1to1
b&m air filter K&N stial. in line oil cooler
a ct26 witha to4e 60 trim with no clip by PT
@ 1 bar or about 15psi
this is what i had when i dynoed my car in vegas on 91 pump gass at 2600ft elivation
i think thats it
Dave

#16 ·
Important order of this upgrade.

Pre-400
Complete upgraded suspension.
At *least* the upgraded stock brake setup (still marginal)
Replacement for stock LSD (True-Trac minumum)
Clutch to handle higher hp.
16x8" wheels.

to 400hp
3" straight exhaust
CT-26 TO4E 60 trim
Lexus AFM
550cc (optional, as some have reached 400hp with stock 440's)
Boost Controller
E-Manage or similar piggy back.

#18 ·
oldschool85 said:
how much for the t04e 60 trim upgrade??? what did you do about fuel cut?

charlie
These are available as a rebuild from about $450.

Makes low-low mid RPM laggy.

By nature, the Lexus AFM prevents early fuel cut.

A FPR helps push extra fuel. You will need an EGT and A/F meter
to ensure you are not running lean.

#19 ·
If anything, you'll want to KEEP FCO!!! This makes for a good backup safety device that will help save your motor!!! If you try to take FCO out of the system and your motor goes lean.... Say goodbye to your motor when it decides to go kaboom...

The SOGI list is ALWAYS telling peeps to STAY AWAY from the HKS FCO Defender!!!! If your fuel/air/turbo setup is done CORRECTLY, you should not even need this thing at all.

#23 ·
- No need for a FCD using the Lexus AFM unless you're shooting for more than 20psi.

- The stock CT26 with a Lexus AFM and a good exhaust system will make good power to 1bar. Some people on the SOGI list have ran 17psi. At higher boost, 11psi+, the CT26 starts to push an increasing amount of hot air. As a result, you get a increase in diminished returns per psi.

#24 ·
so jus bolt the lexus afm on and tune it out with some piggy back and i should be fine correct???what about that high flow SS afm unit that suprasport.com sells? is that worth it? advantages?disadvantages?

charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.