Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone thinks it might be a neat idea ( or maybe someone has already done this ) to put the newer "Supra" badge in our old school grill, replacing the "Toyota" badge?

Tanya
'85 Blackpra 5 cyl.
'84 Blupra donor

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
:confused:

Try it & see what it looks like. Take pics and share with us...and if it sucks, you'll know right away. ;)

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
If you are talking about the MkIV "Supra" emblem it's a decal and will probably not stick too well to the grille grating. I would apply it to a black plastic or metal sheet and affix it to the grille. It'll probably look OK, but the factory MkIV decal is really dark and probably won't stick out to well on a black grille. I'd look for the MkIV caliper decals you see around. They are white and will stick out much better. I think the //TRD emblem or 3.0 turbo badge looks the best in that spot though.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Too bad for the rest of you, I got the last two "3.0 Trubo" badges from Leslie :twisted:

Has anyone ever put one of those chrome grills kind of like the ones on trucks (I know what your gonna say :gotrice: ) its just an Idea

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
zankone said:
Too bad for the rest of you, I got the last two "3.0 Trubo" badges from Leslie :twisted:

Has anyone ever put one of those chrome grills kind of like the ones on trucks (I know what your gonna say :gotrice: ) its just an Idea
Zank, maybe you got the last ones because they say Trubo not Turbo. :rotfl: :whistle:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Muchbzy said:
zankone said:

Zank, maybe you got the last ones because they say Trubo not Turbo. :rotfl: :whistle:
Heh heh. Zank's car must be Norwegian.

___

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was actually thinking about the silver MK4 badge I've seen, didn't think that would be too dark, and if so I'd just put a tiny LED under it for night time use ( not to be ricey ), ah well, we'll see. I was also wondering about the 2.8 badge I've seen somewhere. Where would I get that if still available?

Tanya
'85 Blackpra 5 cyl.
'84 Blupra donor

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:pat: Turbo not trubo

Ok no more :beer: :drinking: when on the net late at night :silly:

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
< wants a Tae Bo badge :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
just an FYI .... you can get kits to place an led under a plastic pad which will light up... theyre made for computer case badges, but you could mod one to work for this. :)

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that'd be pretty neat....hmmm, or maybe I could modify the clear plastic piece that illuminates the heat-a/c-vent cluster, stick a different color, or maybe the same green bulb and illuminate something. I'd have to actually sit down and think about this some more. My brain can only handle so many volts at once :)
it's a good thing I have a spare grill, lol

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I don't practice Tae Bo either! :dancin: :silly:

<smartass> heh

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Racefiend said:
Zank...Love your new avatar! :mrgreen: :boobs:

Christian
Thanks, sometimes I sit here looking at it thinking it might do something else :rotfl: :drool:

·
Registered
310 Posts
zankone said:

By the way one of those was mine and i also was the one that technically orderd both of them "trubo" badges. I just wanted to correct that incorrect zank statement. :twak: :liar: :evil2: :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol: :rotfl:

Oh yea i also chromed a front grill i got from the yard and did not like it.

Finally zank i think u forgot to add :humpleg: :jerkit: to your last post. :lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I saw a XX yesterday with the new T for Toyota symbol stuck on the front gorilla. Not my taste. But then, I'm sure not everyone like my new badge.

- Justin
Gotta show-off the fact that I've got 2 trubos somehow!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts