Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an idea to cut back on spam I think all new members must do a confirmation thing, pm or ??? with a mod to then be allowed to post. I mean come on there is always a moderator on and it would cut out spam all together.

Is this possiable?

Moonpie

·
Registered
311 Posts
well moonpie its part of being a noob. Besides i get a few laughs every day from reading noob post and the older forum members ripping them up.

·
Super Moderator
8,369 Posts
Already was doing it in a way. I scan thru all the new users each morning. I haven't been able to log in since we upgraded so there isn't much I can do but clean up the mess they leave recently.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
well moonpie its part of being a noob. Besides i get a few laughs every day from reading noob post and the older forum members ripping them up.
What do the noobs have to do with the spam? I have noticed that recently, the spam is not as bad as a few months ago, but it could be that the spammers are not attacking at the moment.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What do the noobs have to do with the spam? I have noticed that recently, the spam is not as bad as a few months ago, but it could be that the spammers are not attacking at the moment.
My appologies i read that post wrong.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
ill give ya 4 bucks when you get here might actualy need you to come over some time for a BBQ or somethin

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really think we would benefit from somthing like that
at least to get rid of scammers.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I really think we would benefit from somthing like that
at least to get rid of scammers.
how does it help with scammers? theyre just going to be approved by the mod and then scam us. theres really no way to sort out scammers, aside from buying stuff from members who have been here a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts