Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few things I was thinking about while rebuilding my 83...

Turbo - One that will not blow up a 5M
Oil Pump - I will need one
That is all that comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
A few things I was thinking about while rebuilding my 83...

Turbo - One that will not blow up a 5M
Oil Pump - I will need one
That is all that comes to mind.
Taylor,

I would appreciate it if from today forward, you submit your parts requests through the PM system or via email. I prefer to keep casual 'I just thought of this' part requests off the page for ease of searching (a lot of other members do a good job of digging up stuff in previous threads).

As for your parts inquiries...ANY turbo can blow up a 5M if the user doesn't understand how to regulate boost and manage fuel and ignition maps applicable to the CFM of air being introduced above normal aspiration. You've made it painfully obvious in your inquiry that you know nothing of either disciple. I would suggest getting your car RUNNING again before taking on an endeavor such as adding a turbo to your car. Furthermore, I don't sell turbos, and the last time that a CT26 was available from Toyota in the late 90's they ran in excess of $2500.

Oil pumps are $247.37 and require the use of an 85 only oil pan. I have one in stock.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way...it was not meant to be mean, but I did mean to gut check you before you destroy your engine. Just get it together first...than look for some increased power after that is taken care of bro...trust me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts