Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
CelicsaSupra in 1988 "They Live" & some skin

In the John Carpenter film "they Live" 1988 near the ending credits, a car commercial comes on.
Its for a Toyota Supra MKII, the glimpse is of the head lights popping up. The ad also mistakingly claims its powered by a V6, " feel the V6 power take control". another glimpse of the Supra shows a man and woman leaning against the hood. Neat cameo, Love the movie cant believe I never noticed it before. Probably due to the other set of headlight :naughty:

I couldn't find the other thread Titled CS in the movies iirc

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Didn't know there were so many...when I eventually have time...I might have to rent some of these movies...that I haven't seen...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
One of my all time fav's--

Dumb and Dumber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXaENvEzKTY&feature=fvst

Check out this clip at 56 sec, 2:36, and 3:00 min and tell me what you see!

Never even noticed it before. Great movie...have to watch it every time it comes on.

****Check this out: As they are walking over to Seabass's table, it shows the Supra parked in front of his table, but when they get to the table and the camera shows the outside again, the SUPRA is gone! The car parked out there in that same spot has a different front end and some chevy lookin van parked next to it....the Supra however didnt havbe anything parked next to it at the time....Guess it was a different cut/edit. Ok, now I am looking at shit a little too closely lol..

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Where in that clip?
I love FnF, why does everyone bash on it. That's what spawned my Supra love =)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Why does everyone bash it, you really have no idea???? Hmmmm, lotsa vinyl decals, big wings, neon underglows, diamond plated floor pans, alteeza tail lights, gaudy body kits, air bagged cars, big speakers, basically everything that does not make a car fast! It spurred a billion dollar ebay industry though I'm sure...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
^ haha true. Still my dream car is the orange Supra. Just beautiful and it did have the motor behind it :sarcasm:

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Dont forget the guys shifting like 18 times with 5 speeds. That does kinda look like a Celica, or Supra by light pole in background of that scene, not enough resolution to be sure...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Lol. And the faulty diamond plate after using too much NOS... and your computer freaking out... danger to manifold! lol wow I watch that movie too much haha

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I just seen a 78-81 celica in a stephen king movie graveyard shift
It was about 15 minutes in the movie.

On a side note there is a movie coming out with a first gen supra in it. I was contacted about some louvers i had for sale. They needed them for there movie car.

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
They're everywhere

·
Registered
77 Posts
Searching for Sugarman (2012)
Watched this when I heard it got awards, Saw the supra at 00:00:40-00:00:43.
Movie is shot mostly in Cape Town, South Africa.
The opening scene is, I'm 99% sure. I want to say black 82-83 L-type, thats a shot in the dark though.
Anyone know of any Supras in that part of the world?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sweet catch.

161 - 180 of 217 Posts