Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my 2Xr Stage 2 cam and rocker assy for a Addco rear sway bar. Took a little while to get it ready for install since it did not come with the brackets for the upper bushings, so I had to find a set of Energy Suspension ones.

Got it all put together:

"Old" sway bar:

Difference in size ( I know there are other pics of this on here too):

Difference in upper bushing size:

Addco bolted in and GTG:

Was a little tricky getting everything lined up and bolted on, but it was pretty much the same issue when I replaced the bushings on the "old" bar over the summer. Now I am just waiting to dry off before I go on a little "test drive" to see how it handles now.

Just for those of you who will point it out, no I did not install the front bar (it is sitting in the garage though) since I am running a rear sway bar from an '80s Camaro that measures in at an inch in diameter, so hopefully upgrading the rear bar will make the Celipra a little more stable.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
so your running a 80's camaro rear sway in the front of your car? am i reading that right? im going through the same thing right now actually. i have an old set of addcos on my car and the bushings/endlinks were shot so im putting in all new energy suspension ones. the front will require a little modification to the bushing bracket, but it looks like the rear bolt in with no issue like i assumed.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to run the Camaro rear sway bar on the front to clear the oil pan when swapping an M engine into a Celica.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of the Camaro bar? Just imagine the stock bar with a wide u-bend shape in it right in front of the oil pan....

This more than likely not an upgrade for a Supra, it is just a necessity when swapping larger engines into a Celica (RA6X). IIRC, the Supra front sway bar is really close to an inch in diameter, but since I do not have a stock Supra bar around here, I cannot verify that.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was one of the guys on celica-gts.com that swapped a 7MGTE into his Celica and did quite a but of digging to find a swaybar that would work without having to get a custom one made. If not, the stock Celica or Supra front sway bar would go right through where the oil pan is.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which is quite an understandable reason for such research. Ingenuity is the best kind of skill to have (when it works :p).
It was one of the main things that helped me back when a 5M first got swapped into the Celipra. Wiring was the worst part since there was no one with knowledge of swapping a 5M into a Celica.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts